website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

3 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Guys, the schedule maker is a real a*s Since when we watch decathlon and heptathlon at the same days? 

Well, these championships do not have morning sessions, so therefore decathlon/heptathlon competitions are scheduled to stretch beyond midnight... Combining them into the same competition days limits the number of days where post-midnight action is necessary.

It's mostly a compromise, and not a new rule...

#banbestmen

3 godziny temu, Jan Linha napisał:

If you look at his main event CV, he cannot aim for anything but GOLD in Tokyo 

He likes to win medals step by step, so in Tokyo silver on 100 m and gold on 200 m will hang on his neck.

Just now, dcro said:

It's really sad how decathlon/heptathlon are now limited to only 24 athletes...

It's another stepchild event for IAAF. Likewise for the heptathlon if only the Brits didn't have their crazy KTJ hype. I mean N.Thiam is nowhere near as popular as maybe Carolina Kluft used to be as well.

On the one hand i am happy that Mayer will probably prevent a canadian gold medal, on the other hand i am always sad to see an athlete with such an ultra suspicious progression.

I think Canada could very well win two medals in men's decathlon. :yikes:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

On the one hand i am happy that Mayer will probably prevent a canadian gold medal, on the other hand i am always sad to see an athlete with such an ultra suspicious progression.

I think Canada could very well win two medals in men's decathlon. :yikes:

Maggie Ewen in women's shot put also with an ultra suspicious progression ... 16.82 m in 2016 and then 19.46 in 2018. If you follow athletics, you can't expect to see clean athletes, but when it is that blatantly obvious, it is just disrespectful.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.