website statistics

Day 9 (February 13th, 2022)

15 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Sarault has looked fine on the circuit this year, but CBC really built her up as a potential star in Beijing.  She hasn't exactly been shining, let's just say that.  Don't want to hate on individuals, but that last lap was just sad.  

Her best event is the 1500m , so hopefully she does better there 

17 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Sarault has looked fine on the circuit this year, but CBC really built her up as a potential star in Beijing.  She hasn't exactly been shining, let's just say that.  Don't want to hate on individuals, but that last lap was just sad.  

This is the exact opposite of Dubois who underperformed on this years World Cup circuit. I would have not pegged him as a 2 time medalist. 

So first thing tomorrow, Canadian born athletes who spent most of their careers in the Canadian system will have won as many gold medals as team Canada. Yay.

Truly pathetic performance ten days in. I really don't see what can salvage Canada's games at this point.

22 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Sarault is def going to be Canada's best short track skater in 2026 (baring injury or early retirement), these games were just a bit early for her I think.

Also the entire relay team dropped the ball with a few laps to go, a few of those exchanges were hard to watch.

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Sarault is def going to be Canada's best short track skater in 2026 (baring injury or early retirement), these games were just a bit early for her I think.

Also the entire relay team dropped the ball with a few laps to go, a few of those exchanges were hard to watch.

You are correct.  There was no moves to get ahead.  I felt like they sat back the whole race and just hoped someone would fall.  Surprisingly drama free races since the debacles at the beginning.  

Just now, orangeman said:

You are correct.  There was no moves to get ahead.  I felt like they sat back the whole race and just hoped someone would fall.  Surprisingly drama free races since the debacles at the beginning.  

Short track has been shockingly clean after the first incident-filled days.

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

So first thing tomorrow, Canadian born athletes who spent most of their careers in the Canadian system will have won as many gold medals as team Canada. Yay.

Truly pathetic performance ten days in. I really don't see what can salvage Canada's games at this point.

I think double gold medals in hockey would gloss over a lot of other problems.  If curling can recover and at least get medals that would help too.  But all of those are long shots except the women's hockey team.  Canada's first podium sweep, like in snowboard big air, would also be nice.  

As for short track, I remember in Vancouver there was huge disappointment on the team and then on the last night they got gold and bronze in the mens 500 and gold in the mens relay.  Magic like that on Wednesday would go a long way.