website statistics

Day 9 (February 13th, 2022)

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Canada's best shot at a gold medal tomorrow? Women's aerials. Yikes.

I'd say monobob because Canada sitting in 2nd and there's more of a chance of Humphries crashing than 15 skiers crashing that would need to happen to make Canada win gold in Aerials.  

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I'd say monobob because Canada sitting in 2nd and there's more of a chance of Humphries crashing than 15 skiers crashing that would need to happen to make Canada win gold in Aerials.  

Nah, Marion Thénault has a world cup win last season and finished second once already this season. She's capable (not favoured, but capable) of making final 3 without much help, and once in final 3 it's basically a lottery.

Canada's aerials program is actually in really good shape right now, one of the few that is actually on the upswing.

Final Thoughts

Canada won one medal today in short track, shame it wasn't two, but that's the nature of the sport. I was sort of hoping we could reach the semis in the men's team pursuit, but given Canada's earlier performances it would have been difficult to medal. I think our women's curling team is done while the men's are still in it. We are second in women's monobob, hoping for a medal tomorrow. Our men's ice hockey team finished 5th overall and will play China again. After that our opponent will be Sweden. At least we avoided Finland and Russia, but Sweden and the United States will not be easy games.