website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Venues

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

I'm pretty sure that's a render - the only thing real is the backdrop :p

I think this idea was rejected and they went with another project.

Ah, "render" was the actual word I was looking for indeed, obrigado :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Pabloffo said:

It looks great :woot:

I like "Engenhão" (as the Olympic Stadium was called Them) too. The outside, However, is still quite messy with paint problems and a lot of debris.

Until the Olympics they must solve, but has been somewhat troubled so far.

3 minutes ago, hukbrazil said:

I like "Engenhão" (as the Olympic Stadium was called Them) too. The outside, However, is still quite messy with paint problems and a lot of debris.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Let's hope they can resolve it soon. 

4 hours ago, hukbrazil said:

No matter what the official name is, Botafogo should keep calling it Engenhão which is much better than Olympic Stadium. And for sure better than João Havelange Stadium...how did they ever get it in their completely crazy mind to give it the name of the guy that makes Sepp Blatter look like a non-corrupt charity worker? :rofl:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Belo Horizonte (Estadio Mineirao)

bh_blog.jpg

Sports: Football

Zone: Football Cities (Belo Horizonte)

The Estadio Governador Magalhaes Pinto also known as Mineirao Stadium was established in 1965. Is located in Belo Horizonte and the capacity is 58.170. During the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics will host some matches of both Football Tournaments.

Belo Horizonte is the sixth largest city of Brazil. The city is built on several hills and is completely surrounded by mountains. Belo Horizonte is the capital of state Minas Gerais, the second most populous state in Brazil.

im-estadio-mineirao-in-belo-horizonte-si

Salvador (Arena Fonte Nova)

salvador_arenafontenova-3833_me_portal_d

Sports: Football

Zone: Football Cities (Salvador)

The Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova or also called Complexo Esportivo Cultural Professor Octávio Mangabeira is a Football Stadium located in the city of Salvador, the capacity of the arena is 55.000. During the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics will be one of the Football Tournaments matches host venue.

Salvador known also as Sao Salvador or Salvador da Bahia is the capital of the state Bahia. The largest city of the North-East region of Brazil with 2.9 millions inhabitants. The City is well-known by it´s charming Old Town (a World Heritage site), a vibrant musical scene and popular Carnival celebrations, it is considered one of the birthplaces of Brazilian culture.

30b526d6-191d-49f2-83dc-15c4d6fb7c10.jpg