website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme Road to LA 2028

41 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

World Aquatics is pushing (again) to enter the 50m strokes to the program

I wonder what other events other federations are currently lobbying for :question:

I wish there was more transparancy around this.

I don't believe we ever even found out what all the disciplines that applied for 2028 were.

59 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I wish there was more transparancy around this.

I don't believe we ever even found out what all the disciplines that applied for 2028 were.

Yes, that would be great... I don't really understand the need for secrecy neither.

IIRC, 17 'disciplines' (in IOC jargon) were proposed for LA, but i was never revealed which ones.

2 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

World Aquatics is pushing (again) to enter the 50m strokes to the program

I wonder what other events other federations are currently lobbying for :question:

You see... Every federation will push for more additional events. Everyone of them based on various arguments. Thats why i am in favor of a strict number of core sports-events.

IOC reduces events in some sports but allows various sports to enter olympic program according to host desire . Then these federations will claim their sport's success and they are gonna ask to stay as core sports..Then IOC must find further events to cut in order to keep a level of number of total athletes, but at the same time fedrations keep asking for increase in events. And Olympics are expanding constantly and becoming more costly and maybe in future no country will wish to host them. Its a cycle without an end ..

Edited by George_D

34 minutes ago, George_D said:

You see... Every federation will push for more additional events. Everyone of them based on various arguments. Thats why i am in favor of a strict number of core sports-events.

IOC reduces events in some sports but allows various sports to enter olympic program according to host desire . Then these federations will claim their sport's success and they are gonna ask to stay as core sports..Then IOC must find further events to cut in order to keep a level of number of total athletes, but at the same time fedrations keep asking for increase in events. And Olympics are expanding constantly and becoming more costly and maybe in future no country will wish to host them. Its a cycle without an end ..

I think that exactly what Bach had in minds when he came up with idea of additional sports for Tokyo :teacher:

At least, Rogge managed to keep in check the sports program.

3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I think that exactly what Bach had in minds when he came up with idea of additional sports for Tokyo :teacher:

At least, Rogge managed to keep in check the sports program.

ι also must admit that France :wFRA: didnt demand any excesses in olympic sports program

15 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yes, that would be great... I don't really understand the need for secrecy neither.

IIRC, 17 'disciplines' (in IOC jargon) were proposed for LA, but i was never revealed which ones.

Athletics probably tried with Cross Country; Handball for sure proposed Beach Handball, Gymnastics probably tried with Tumbling and Acrobatic, Swimming with High Diving and Archery with Compound

14 hours ago, George_D said:

ι also must admit that France :wFRA: didnt demand any excesses in olympic sports program

France did replace Karate with Breakdance!

that's unforgivable...it's worse than any Lacrosse/Flag Football/Rugby Legue IX might appear in the next future on the Olympic stage...it's "THE" Capital mistake :bones:

Edited by phelps

On 8/16/2024 at 11:28 AM, phelps said:

France did replace Karate with Breakdance!

One of the best choices made for Paris 2024.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!