website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Team Sizes

On 7/11/2016 at 22:32, LDOG said:

Our official historical record is 199 from London 1948 and that was already surpassed, but some journalists claim our actual record is 213 (from the same games) because athletes of team sports that didn't enter any match were not counted as official participants back in the day (while they would count nowadays). Currently at 212, we still can equal or surpass also that number with 1 or 2 more B marks from Swimming.

It is amazing how Argentina has such big delegations, but have so few medals. :mumble:

23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

It is amazing how Argentina has such big delegations, but have so few medals. :mumble:

They have huge team this time mostly because Brazil is the host, what opened the door for more continental quotas (especially in team sports). ARG Olympic team is usually considerably smaller.

#banbestmen

hace 24 minutos, dcro said:

They have huge team this time mostly because Brazil is the host, what opened the door for more continental quotas (especially in team sports). ARG Olympic team is usually considerably smaller.

I used to think the same but if you check closely it's not that many quotas gifted due to Brazil being host. The main profit I think was in women's handball and boxing, but most other would have still qualified or at the very least have a 50/50 chance to still do it.

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

Si il te manque des noms pour la france pour les qualifies demande moi j'ai la liste entiere

Thanks, but you already posted them in the link, so I have them too :d

ok so athletics quotas are more or less unveiled, so I´ll update the thread tomorrow.

17 hours ago, Federer91 said:

don expect more than 6 medals, many sports team without any chances: the two handballs teams and the women voley.