website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Team Sizes

8 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

I really feel South Asia is the black hole of olympic sports .......look at the statistics they are shocking 

Pakistan - 200 million population - 1 official quota + 2 tripartite 

Bangladesh - 168 million - None as of now +  2 tripartite 

Burma - 56 million - 1 official quota + 0 tripartite 

Afghanistan - 32 million - No official quota + 1 tripartite 

Nepal - 31 million - No official quota + 3 tripartite 

Bhutan ( smallest ) - 0.7 million - No official + 1 tripartite 

Srilanka ( most respectable ) - 21 million - 4 official + 5 tripartite 

If I leave out Srilanka and India out of it ................here you have a region of close to 470 million population and 2 official quotas - 1 shooter and 1 judoka  ( to put in perspective the entire population of south america is just 370 million or so :yikes:

Really this is the pits ....I think by comparison of course we at India  are doing reasonably well ....105 quotas ( 2 can be considered unearned  in part - swimming ) hoping to close at 115-120 .............

I have to remind you that Myanmar (Burma) is in Southeast Asia... Yes it is a pity that country like Bangladesh or Pakistan is struggling to qualify to the Olympics. In case of Myanmar, they will be happy if you can include Sepaktakraw in the Olympics :p

33 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Romanian NOC has just officially aproved the team which will go to Rio; there will be 100 competitors.

Full list can be found here

so if I understood correctly it´s 98 competing athletes + 2 reserve athletes in artistic Gymnastics and Handball ?

Just now, hckosice said:

so if I understood correctly it´s 98 competing athletes + 2 reserve athletes in artistic Gymnastics and Handball ?

Exactly :) 

Do you speak Romanian?

1 minute ago, zob79 said:

Online translator, huh? :d

no, well I am a bit familiar with the majority of the names so I know, how to say, assign them to their sports, so no need to translate. and as Romania has only 1 spot in womens Gymnastics and there 14 athletes allowed in Hadball, it´s not so hard to have the correct amount of 98 + 2 reserves :d

5 hours ago, zob79 said:

Romanian NOC has just officially aproved the team which will go to Rio; there will be 100 competitors.

Full list can be found here

Women's relay 4*400 will be in Rio so we have more than 100 athletes