website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

vor 23 Stunden schrieb bestmen:

why don't they test the athlets one day before the competition and ban who are positive

punish them after wining the Gold is very late

Are you serious? That would be like making an IQ test, everyone with an IQ of 10 or bigger will be allowed to compete ...

No one (or at least almost no one) would be stupid enough to get caught one day before the start of the competition, athletes (normally) dope much earlier (a couple of months before the start of their competition).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb FC Mezhgorye:

I'm not interested in athletics, swimming, weightlifting, cycling. Most dirty sports in the world. But very pleased that Rio will be our synchronized swimmers, gymnasts, volleyball and handball team, diver, wrestlers and boxers, fencers, and Stefania Elfutina (sailing)

Do you think that there is really less doping in wrestling, boxing or less cheating by the judges in fencing/boxing/gymnastics?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb stamura84:

Egypt's star javelin thrower and Rio Olympics medal hopeful Ihab Abdelrahman has failed a doping test and is provisionally suspended, just two weeks ahead of the Games.

Not surprised at all, i called it last year already, but lets wait for the B sample ...

What about Yego ... ? Is he still considered clean?

At least one opponent less for Röhler and Vetter, but maybe someone else will destroy his PB to win gold or Yego will suddenly throw 90m again, i think the guy from Latvia could also be the one to take the gold away ...

vor 6 Stunden schrieb DaniSRB:

there's still time left to please IAAF

I really dont get it. How can they ban russian athletics, but not russian weightlifting/wrestling or swimming?

How can they say that russian athletes who were caught before are not allowed to compete, but athletes from all other nations who were caught before are allowed to compete? This just doesnt make any sense. I think this is actually pretty unfair for russian track and field athletes and even someone like Efimova. There is no doubt that Efimova shouldnt be allowed to compete, but why are other cheaters like Gatlin, Ohuruogu, Yang, Park or Gomes allowed to compete, although they were also caught before and therefore arent much different than Efimova? The same rules should apply to everyone.

35 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Do you think that there is really less doping in wrestling, boxing or less cheating by the judges in fencing/boxing/gymnastics?

Cheating in fencing? it's one of the cleanest Olympic sports. Since the introduction of wiring there is less room for interpretation; only in sabre some decisions are questionable, due to the speed of the actions, but I don't see a mastermind who would control the referees. YES, I know the Shin Lam case, but that was an exception, due to particular circumstances.

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

Looks like FINA has announced seven swimmers which will not compete, these are swimmers whom have previously been given a doping ban and ones whom were implicated in the WADA report. The other aquatic sports will not be affected.

Athletes withdrawn by the ROC:

• Mikhail Dovgalyuk
  • Yulia Efimova
  • Natalia Lovtcova
  • Anastasia Krapivina (Marathon Swimming)

Athletes appearing in the WADA IP Report:

• Nikita Lobintsev
  • Vladimir Morozov
  • Daria Ustinova

For marathon swimming the quota should go to Hungary's Anna Olasz (assuming there's enough time for her to accept)

57 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Cheating in fencing? it's one of the cleanest Olympic sports. Since the introduction of wiring there is less room for interpretation; only in sabre some decisions are questionable, due to the speed of the actions, but I don't see a mastermind who would control the referees. YES, I know the Shin Lam case, but that was an exception, due to particular circumstances.

it's quite obvious that you don't follow Fencing so carefully (and don't know it in its deepest aspects)...

foil and sabre are always subject to interpretation (and often they are really affected by bad refereeing - which sometimes is just corrupted refereeing)...

and moreover, there is a big geo-political mafia behind the Fencing refs...but until they do it according to mr. Usmanov's desires, nobody will go against the boss' will...