website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Brisbane 2032 News

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

I don't see anything terribly wrong with using QSAC for athletics and still having the existing Gabba for the ceremonies and cricket (because lets be honnest, cricket is going to be at the 2032 games :P )

I kind of like the idea of "The Olympic Stadium" not needing to be the venue for athletics.

1 hour ago, rajiv said:

Reading over this topic reinforces my firm  impression that Australia and Australians are not particularly liked by many on this site

That's because Australians are invading Westerner Canada resort towns at the moment, and we just want them to go back home and stop stealing jobs from the traditional demographic that takes low paying jobs out West, Atlantic Canadians. We need to build a wall on our Western border to keep the wallabies out, and we'll get the kiwis to pay for it. Go to a ski resort in Banff, Canmore, Kelowna or Kamloops and all you hear are Australian accents. Cafes there sell foreign atrocities like flat whites and "brekkie sandwitches" and you're liable to have a conversation about how Australia beat India in the Cricket world cup on the chairlift (I really did have a conversation about the last Cricket world cup final with someone from Brisbane on a chairlift in Kelowna two weeks ago xD )

...more seriously I'm not sure where you see animosity towards Australian here.

Edited by NearPup

14 hours ago, NearPup said:

I hear it is also likely that the United Kingdom will boycot the games due to Australia considering becoming a Republic.

Hahaha where did you hear this??? That made me laugh 

16 hours ago, NearPup said:

I don't see anything terribly wrong with using QSAC for athletics and still having the existing Gabba for the ceremonies and cricket (because lets be honnest, cricket is going to be at the 2032 games :P )

Australia would definitely want Cricket to be in the Games, they are good enough in men's section and miles ahead of anyone among women teams. Also, it's likely to be 8 team tournament from expected 6 in 2028. 

Also iconic stadiums are in nearby Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney.

Additionally, Australia tourism target Indian tourists by promoting cricket tournaments. Olympics Cricket tournament shall boost tourism from India as well 

1 hour ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Australia would definitely want Cricket to be in the Games, they are good enough in men's section and miles ahead of anyone among women teams. Also, it's likely to be 8 team tournament from expected 6 in 2028. 

Also iconic stadiums are in nearby Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney.

Additionally, Australia tourism target Indian tourists by promoting cricket tournaments. Olympics Cricket tournament shall boost tourism from India as well 

I'd be surprised if they'd use venues outside Queensland for cricket. Carrara stadium seems like the most likely venue.

19 minutes ago, dullard said:

I'd be surprised if they'd use venues outside Queensland for cricket. Carrara stadium seems like the most likely venue.

Melbourne stadium has 100k capacity, Adelaide - 55k, Sydney - 48k while Brisbane is 42k. Any India games is more likely to be sold out. 

But the organizing committee knows best in terms of scheduling and logistics but Indian fans would love to watch in these stadiums