website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

7 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Well you forget that $5 USD may not be cheap for you, but for people in other parts of the world, it may be the difference between going to a sports event or contributing for paying for medicines or public utilities.

I remember tickets in Guadalajara 2011 weren't expensive for me; but again, I earn above the average Mexican, yet compared to other parts of the world, my degree is not paid the way it should.

Medicine is super expensive here, so :p. That’s why we pay you the big bucks over at Totallympics Media :p.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Medicine is super expensive here, so :p. That’s why we pay you the big bucks over at Totallympics Media :p.

I know medicine is quite expensive in USA, ridiculous even, just like what you pay for fast food (that in comparison to other countries)

Well to put in context. The minimum wage approved by Mexican Congress for this year is around $5.25 USD a day, and there are millions of workers earning just that. A sad reality, that is the origin/result of other problems in a sad misery circle :(

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I think the tennis venue is amazing!! It blends in nicely with the city, is  quite simple. This is what venues should be like, and not over the top.

Yes, the I’ve loved the venues :wub:. They remind of the Asian Games (because of the branding colors) which I also loved. They bring back good memories.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela