website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2022

George_D

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

:wub: Best looking track stadium in the world ? Yes or yes ?

201001_Hayward_Field_05.jpg

Meh. Looks good this way but the camera angles during the action don't give the same feeling. I actually prefer the older version, this one is still quite small, but much more standardized. Shot put area in the center is also meh.

Iran is not going to participate in this World Athletics Championships. or I should say "can't participate"

reason: visa being denied

we had these problems with certain countries before but now it sounds like a blanket ban. they are denying visa for everybody in all sports.

Serbia denied visa for athletes from Kosovo for the World Boxing Championship and the whole world went crazy against them. but yes I get this. this is law of jungle.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Iran is not going to participate in this World Athletics Championships. or I should say "can't participate"

we had these problems with certain countries before but now it sounds like a blanket ban. they are denying visa for everybody in all sports.

Serbia denied visa for athletes from Kosovo for the World Boxing Championship and the whole world went crazy against them. but yes I get this. this is law of jungle.

Or "western style democracy". 

58 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Cuz we are savages, Iranians are barbarians, Belarusians are barbarians, its so many barbarian nations today. We must become civilised, take some colonies in Africa and bring democracy to them on US style. 

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Apparently he is on his way, but even if the very best happens and he arrives on time, he'll only have a few hours before his first race!

Well at least it's only the heats so he doesn't have to produce anything too impressive (in 2019 a 10.23 was enough to progress).