website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2030 Bid Process

George_D

:CAN is out due to the provincial government not supporting it. Too bad, I thought we could have had a good chance.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/2030-olympics-bc-government-will-not-support-1.6631883

We are down to :JPN and :USA

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

:CAN is out due to the provincial government not supporting it. Too bad, I thought we could have had a good chance.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/2030-olympics-bc-government-will-not-support-1.6631883

We are down to :JPN and :USA

What a crying shame that Canada, a country with some of the most deep-rooting winter sports traditions, has now put 2 cities forwarded in consecutive cycles and had to abandon both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2023 at 2:53 PM, Swewi said:

Sweden and IOC had a meeting in january and Sweden will now make a prestudy for a potential bid.

https://www.svt.se/sport/sveriges-olympiska-kommitte/sverige-har-fatt-fragan-om-att-arrangera-os

they can win i think if they include venue for sliding events in sweden

3 hours ago, George_D said:

they can win i think if they include venue for sliding events in sweden

they will never do it...it's Sigulda or Lillehammer for them.

and tbh, I think it's time to get rid of artificial track sliding sports...the venue is always too expensive and extremely controversial.

time to have just the Natural Track Luge and stop.

if the Winter Olympics still make sense in a mid/long future...:rolleyes: :mumble:

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

they will never do it...it's Sigulda or Lillehammer for them.

and tbh, I think it's time to get rid of artificial track sliding sports...the venue is always too expensive and extremely controversial.

time to have just the Natural Track Luge and stop.

if the Winter Olympics still make sense in a mid/long future...:rolleyes: :mumble:

There are lower cost options from what is being built for current Olympics'

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

as the article says, it's a youth / junior facility.

there's no way you can host a senior race on a track 700m short and with only 6 curves (and tbh I also think it's not enough even for the junior class, it's good just for the babies, to start the activity already on an artificial track instead of the natural tracks, like it happens right now in South Tyrol and sometimes also in Austria).

50 million venues just to let :GER win 10+ gold medals at the Games...not really necessary...:p