website statistics

Women's Handball Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

We are in the OQT by some miracle, despite the fact that our team still sucks. I wouldn't be surprised at all if :JPN qualifies to Paris instead of us from that group.

OQT1 - :WHT  :HUN  :JPN  :CMR

OQT2 - :WHT  :WHT  :ESP  :ARG

OQT3 - :WHT  :WHT  :SLO  :PAR

Congats ! I would really like to see you at the Olympic Games!

On 12/11/2023 at 7:46 PM, Vektor said:

We are in the OQT by some miracle, despite the fact that our team still sucks. I wouldn't be surprised at all if :JPN qualifies to Paris instead of us from that group.

OQT1 - :WHT  :HUN  :JPN  :CMR

OQT2 - :WHT  :WHT  :ESP  :ARG

OQT3 - :WHT  :WHT  :SLO  :PAR

Lucky Hungary, but still deserved. The past years I really enjoyed watching the Hungarian players. Like last month, when I watched their friendly match against The Netherlands live in the stadium. And for you as a fan @Vektor really nice too. I remember all your amazement, anger and disappointment about the Hungarian women's team over the years on this forum. Then it's nice to get a great chance at the Games. Hopefully they make it in the end!

I wonder if one of the teams are willing to throw the 5th place match so they could compete in OQT3. On paper :ESP:ARG are more difficult than :SLO:PAR though it seems Spain might be on the downswing while Slovenia is on the upswing so it may not matter

Plus if :CZE finishes 8th then OQT2 will turn into the easier group.

Netherlands :NED for sure want to play in OQT2. Don't forget :SLO has one of the best players in the world (Ana Gros) and is simply a very underestimated team (they always draw France and Norway in the early stages, like this year). 

The match for places 7 and 8 is played after the match for places 5 and 6. So if there is a loss somewhere on purpose, it is in the match for places 7 and 8.