website statistics

Road Cycling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

Just to Check is it GB that get the final 4 athlete quota or is it Poland?

Polish cycling website says it's Poland. But honestly, I don't know if it's accurate.

https://naszosie.pl/2023/10/18/polska-5-krajem-swiata-mamy-komplet-miejsc-na-igrzyska-olimpijskie-w-paryzu/

Edited by rafalgorka

3 hours ago, TeamGB said:

Just to Check is it GB that get the final 4 athlete quota or is it Poland?

According to todays rankings on UCI.ch, GBR have kept 5th place by a bawhair. UCI itself published this so I'm assuming they haven't screwed up...

EDIT : Seems I assumed wrong.image.png

Edited by mpjmcevoy

Oh come on!! I come back from dinner to discover UCI have published a new set of rankings :wall: It really shouldn't be that difficult for them to keep a running total of the points.

From what I can see, :GBR seem to have been awarded an additional 27 points which was enough to take them ahead of :POL - unfortunately the links to the historic rankings aren't working so I can't see which rider has had the additional points awarded.

None of the ranking riders for GB were in action this week so I assume this difference is down to the same issue that saw Dominika Wlodarczyk gain 36 points without racing. 

Hopefully UCI will be pretty quick to issue something official to clarify who has won what, but worst-case scenario, we may have to wait until 17th November before the picture becomes clear :(

To muddy the waters still further, Olympics.com are going with the original rankings list which had :POL ahead of :GBR on the women's side.

Road cycling at París 2024: Quota distribution for next Olympic Games decided following publication of UCI World Ranking by Nations (olympics.com)