website statistics

Poll 87/100 | Which nation(s) can win at least 1 medal in all the 5 Individual Contact Sports?

Poll 87/100  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which nation(s) can win at least 1 medal in all individual contact sports?

4 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Russia,  Japan, France would definitely do, as long as we don't have fencing then Iran can do so as well,  Italy and Germany is a high contender also 

There is something like rate limiting step weak point here

Russia - Just 1 Karate athlete not too bad, too good needs to have the best day of her life to medal

Japan - Need huge luck in Taekwondo 

France - I'm not so sure about Koumba Larroque in wrestling, won't rule her out though 

Iran - no Judokas . Had they been there focus would shift to boxing where again I'm not sure they could win but at least 4/5 sports medal was easy and some luck could have given 5th(boxing)

12 hours ago, LDOG said:

Russia has only one athlete in karate, doesn't seem too safe (btw karate is 3 or 4 medals?). 

Why not Azerbaijan as well? Or am I missing something? They have Beigi in TKD and a legion in all others.

Karate gives 4 medals (2 Bronze to the semifinals' losers)...

Russia here is like ITA and FRA...we and our neighbours only have 1 shot in wrestling, but it's a very strong one (I see TKD more at risk for both of them)...Chernysheva has very good chances of a medal in Karate (where actually anything is possible, especially in Kumite)...

Turkey have definitely more chances of anybody else...

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

Karate gives 4 medals (2 Bronze to the semifinals' losers)...

Russia here is like ITA and FRA...we and our neighbours only have 1 shot in wrestling, but it's a very strong one (I see TKD more at risk for both of them)...Chernysheva has very good chances of a medal in Karate (where actually anything is possible, especially in Kumite)...

Turkey have definitely more chances of anybody else...

I think that Italian biggest problem is boxe... We have only Irma Testa with podium chances. 

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I think that Italian biggest problem is boxe... We have only Irma Testa with podium chances. 

Testa is a lock, if they don't allow her to win the Gold medal is a scandal...she's by far the best boxer in her weight class (and she did show that also at the OQT in Paris)...

by the way, also Carini, with a favourable draw, can get a medal...she's still the reigning world silver medallist...

p.s. and Nicoli and Sorrentino are not that bad, too...it's only a question of fair judging, but they could all 4 win a medal...I'm sure at least 1 will come home from boxing...

my biggest doubt is about taekwondo (I'm not sure Dell'Aquila is the same guy who won the world GP in 2019 anymore...his last outing was really scary and depressing)

The most probable answer is

Spoiler

Azerbaijan 

World Championship Medallist in All 5 sports. 

Judo - Sure lots of judokas present

Wrestling - 2-5 medals Mariya Stadnik is a safe bet for medal. 

Boxing - Men's -69kg, -81kg, +91kg

Karate - Rafael Aghaev Men's -75kg

Taekwondo - Men's -80kg 

• 3 weeks later...