website statistics
1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yup, Correa and one of Duru/Mignot will compete at the Olympics as they are guaranteed to finish no worse than 10th and 4 athletes guaranteed to finish in the top 10 are not eligible.

The remaining four quotas will be decided between :MEX:PUR:GER:CAN:ESP:INA:NZL:MAR. There's a decent chance it will be decided after repechage 8. If not then it will be decided after repechage 9.

and the team the French are still in the game? does a Brazilian spot have to be eliminated in the repechage?

Surfing ISA World Games 2024
Posted
12 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

Apart from the direct Olympic quotas, ISA games are also important to define Universality elegibility.

An athlete must be top50 in either the WSG23 or WSG24.

In 2023, 4 athletes were top50, 3 men from El Salvador, 1 woman from Nicaragua.

MEN
33:ESA Porfirio Miranda
49:ESABryan Perez
49:ESADaniel Monterrosa

If I'm not mistaken all surfers that go through round 3 and/or repechage 4 will be top50 (top54 more precisely).

On men's side, :ASALiam Wilson, :NCAYeferson Lopez :NCAOscar Guzman  and :ISVCody Merritt are still on the repechage round 2.

WOMEN
13 :NCACandelaria Resano

All female surfers qualified to round3 and repechage 4 are top48, so even 3rd places on repechage 3 (tomorrow) are elegible (49-56).

If I'm not mistaken only :ASALucy Jarrard is still on the run (qualified to repechage r3), besides Resano.

Perez and Resano participated on a training camp in Teahupo'o last year and I guess they would be favorites for the quotas, but not sure how Perez is doing now.

when will we know the wild cards just after the surfing worlds?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Few interesting heats on first round.

Women's Brazilian Team didn't get so much lucky, facing the home team :PUR and :NED.

what are the chances of Joan duru getting the last Olympic ticket for my country? Thanks. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

According to Wikipedia Olin got the reallocated Pan Am qualifier. Also I don't think Huscenot is eligible to qualify through world games due to France already having host and 2023 EU world games quota. 

:FRA no longer has a host country quota for boys

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

2023 ISA World Surf Games

Men: :MEX:FRA:NZL:JPN (Both Igarashi and Smith qualified through the WSL Championship Tour, so their spots got reallocated to the next highest ranked surfer from their continent as long as they placed within the top 30 at the 2023 ISA World Surf Games. :MAR Bouchgoua was Africa's second ranked finisher, but finished in 31st, so the spot got reallocated to Alan Cleland as he was the next highest ranked surfer regardless of continent)

Women: :RSA:FRA:NZL:JPN

Hope this makes sense :)

no, I still don't understand, because I still don't have 14 quotas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfing_at_the_2024_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification