website statistics

@vinipereira any other films from the last year or two outside your top 10 you’d recommend?

I want to get more into top quality artistic cinema. It provides a nice balance between international sports, writing, and other hobbies 

I welcome recommendations from any other users as well :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, ManuCHIL said:

Austria has just create a whole house in my mind :O!!! AMAZING

As a writer by trade, it speaks right to my soul :p

I actually think it’s very clever lyrically, while still managing to be a fun dance bop. I just hope it translates well live.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:SUI with the third political entry of this edition. It seems to be a pro-neutrality ballad (go figure :p), or maybe an anti-compulsory military service themed ballad. Musically, it reminded me almost immediately of “Boys Do Cry,” their entry from last year.

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023
Posted
2 hours ago, rybak said:

EDIT: Latvian song isnt bad for me, I dont know how other feel about it :p

I found it oddly gripping on the first listen. It’s definitely grown on me too. I’ve seen a lot of people saying the staging should be more grand, but I think the stripped down look works for a song like that. I wouldn’t be completely shocked if it did well in Liverpool, but it might struggle to stand out amongst the crowd.

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023
Posted
4 hours ago, rybak said:

In :DEN Reiley with "Breaking My Heart" is winner. Denmark sadly made bad choice and will place low in my top and at Eurovision will probably miss the final...

Cool to have a representative from :FRO

13 minutes ago, rybak said:

Its sadly sure top3 Place...

It’s really grown on me lately. I’m certain it’s not that easy to weave four different languages into a coherent arrangement. The song excels lyrically (in terms of what they want to achieve with it.), so if they can improve the vocals and clean up the staging a bit it could be a real contender.

On 1/30/2023 at 5:20 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Replay of the Czechia national finals. Anyone can vote until February 6th. I’ve put my rankings in the spoiler box below.

https://youtube.com/live/EA5zETYL3fM?si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Reveal hidden contents

And the winner is…Vesna’s “My Sister’s Crown.” :CZE delivering the first quadlingual entry this year. Definitely the first “political” entry as well.

[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread
Posted

It’s been a pretty snowy winter in California, but there’s some fears the tap might get turned off before we build a big enough snowpack to get out of our drought…

[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread
Posted
44 minutes ago, owenp_23 said:

Well, I think it's time I tell you. @phelps did the best.

Reveal hidden contents

I live in the United States, and you still might genuinely be the first person I’ve met from North Dakota :p

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
10 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Do you have some "fever" sport in your country?

The miniature racket sports have really taken off since the pandemic. Pickleball has become crazy popular recreationally and somewhat professionally in the United States. Padel has really taken off in parts of Europe and the Middle East as well. I guess Brazil’s chosen pursuit is beach tennis :p

I like the studio version of Vesna’s “My sister’s crown,” much more than the live performance at ESCZ. I can also appreciate the lyrics much more with the transition. No clue what the “shadow” threatening Slavic life is…:p

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted

Barbara Pravi is becoming a more frequent entry on my playlists.

18 minutes ago, rybak said:

What do you think about songs in Finnish selections? In my opinion 6 out of 7 songs deserve to be choosen for Eurovision.

I haven’t fully listened to all of the songs yet, but there were two or three that caught my attention.

:POR:CZE:UKR:ESP are probably my favorite national competitions this year.