website statistics
Croatia National Thread
Posted (edited)

Ako se naši košarkaši kvalificiraju, mislim da ćemo imati približno isti broj sportaša kao u Riju.

strelicarstvo  0-1

atletika 11-13

badminton  0-1 (vjerojatno nitko)

bejzbol 0

kosarka 0-12

boks 1-2

kajak i kanu  0

biciklizam 1

skokovi u vodu 0-2

konjicki sport 0

macevanje 0

hokej na travi 0

nogomet 0

golf 0

gimnastika 2-3

rukomet 14

judo 2

karate 1

moderni petoboj 0

veslanje 3

ragbi sedam 0

jedrenje 6-7

streljastvo 4-5

skateboarding 0

softball 0

sportsko penjanje 0

surfing 0

plivanje 4-5

sinkronizirano plivanje 0

stolni tenis 2

taekwondo 2

tenis 5-6

triatlon 0

odbojka 0

vaterpolo 13

dizanje utega 0-1

hrvanje 1-2

Edited by Milan

Croatia National Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

nase ce vrlo vjerovatno biti trece u grupi, jedino ako ROM pobijedi AZE sutra, onda smo drugi

Danas je Estonija bila blizu, ali nije bilo dovoljno

AZE ako pobijedi ROM, neovisno od rezultatu,   je drugi, i oni idu onda na vjerovatno BUL ili FIN (mi se krizamo sa grupom A)

Dok mi kao treci vjerovatno idemo na Tursku (ili Srbiju) u Ankari, tu smo bez izgleda 

Ako AZE pobijedi 3-2, bi samo imale devet bodova, ili sam pogriješio?

Croatia National Thread
Posted (edited)

Typical for us losing 2-3 against Brazil at the table tennis WC, after 2-0 set lead in decisive fifth match. But our team has performed quite well here. 

Edited by Milan

Croatia National Thread
Posted
vor einer Stunde schrieb Rafoo:

In peking we have 13 swimers and 6 table tenis competitors both team event in men's and women's and in tokyo we may not have any

We should qualify in both I think, even if only through OST in Swimming. Hopefully Gacina and Pucar can make it to Tokyo.

Croatia National Thread
Posted
vor 43 Minuten schrieb Rafoo:

Yes,Borna Čujić world champion in sport climbing

Really? Great. I've never followed this sport, was looking at the rankings some time ago and didn't see anyone of ours there.

Women's water polo team was qualified in 2016 as well, but they were without a chance. I think they lost all five games with a goal difference of -80 or something like that. But it would be nice If they would qualify for Euro tournaments regularly from now on.

Croatia National Thread
Posted

I think he would need to play Davis Cup in 2019 or 2020 to be eligible. I doubt that he will still be around and will still have the results to qualify anway, besides that I'm not sure if he even wants to play at the Olympics.

Croatia National Thread
Posted

Only 4th place for Sara Kolak. Probably the first disappointment in her senior career. The field wasn't even that strong, she just couldn't find her form.

Also a pity that Ivan Horvat has been stagnating for a while now.

But a nice surprise medal for Stipe Zunic. He has had a great year, constantly throwing over 21 meters.

Also finally some good results in junior rowing. The women's four has been very impressive lately.

Croatia National Thread
Posted (edited)

Will be interesting to see what our Canoe sprint team can do in the future. Antun Novakovic has reached the final today in U23 K1 1000m. Anamaria Govorcinovic will compete in K1 200m and 500 m, which are both olympic disciplines. Vanesa Tot competes in junior competition, she has only reached Final B in C1 500m, but C1 200m is still to come.

Edited by Milan

Croatia National Thread
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately this looks to be correct. They will probably finish 2nd in their group, but with only one win against Netherlands they won't be among six best 2nd placed teams.

Our women's teams are quite bad overall, only Volleyball and Handball team are somewhere near top level.

Could Luka Paliska be a hope for Triathlon? I don't know much about him and am not very familiar with Triathlon in general, but he seems to have solid results at junior level.

Edited by Milan

Croatia National Thread
Posted

Our Baseball Team is actually not bad, again qualified for this year's European Championship (which has 12 participating nations). But I guess only 1 or 2 European teams will qualify for Tokyo. Won't be enough for us.

Lucija Zaninovic actually won her first round match. She was very unlucky with losing to Aziez in the final seconds of the fight. And then Aziez lost to the Korean woman in sudden death round, so there was no repechage for Zaninovic.

Croatia National Thread
Posted

Bad day in sailing, everything else was fine. Perkovic won gold, Ivancevic is in sf, Hrgovic has also secured a medal and water polo team has won. I never like it when we have to beat a team twice at the same tournament, I think that doesn't work most of the time. But our water polo team has to do that now in order to reach final.

Croatia National Thread
Posted

vor 2 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Samardžić did reach the semifinals ;)

You're right.  :red:

My bad. Watching four events simultaneously must have confused me. ;)

Croatia National Thread
Posted

Somewhat mixed results for our athletes today. Pejcic didn't show what was expected from her. Maybe she felt too much pressure as the big favorite, the last two series were very bad. She would have needed only two or three points more to reach the final.

Samardzic was much behind her PB and didn't reach the semifinals. Cilic is also out, not really unexpected, Monfils probably was slightly the favorite.

Kudos to Sinkovic brothers. With the Olympic gold medal, now they have done it all.

Fantela and Marenic continued their good showing. They are 1st after day 2.

And then the results in handball and basketball, which are perfect.

Croatia National Thread
Posted

Stipanovic is 1st after 6 of 10 races (+ medal race) and Fantela/Marenic had a good start into the competition with a 1st and a 2nd place.

Kljakovic Gaspic didn't have a good day, at the moment it doesn't look like he has a chance for a medal.

I hope that our basketball Team will now win two of the last three group games. One win against Nigeria might even be enough to reach the quarterfinals, but that would probably mean 4th place and a game against USA. To be eliminated in the quarterfinals wouldn't be tragic, but I would like us to have at least a realistic chance of going even further than that. Petrovic is sometimes really annoying and his behavior has hurt the Team, but I doubt that they would even be there without him.

Let's see if our handball team can turn things around. They certainly have to, if they want to challenge France, Denmark or possibly Germany in quarterfinals.

Semifinal in Single sculls will now take place on friday. Let's hope that Sinkovic Brothers and Pejcic can live up to expectations tomorrow.

Croatia National Thread
Posted

Great Performance by Glasnovic! :clap:

It's our third medal in shooting and the first sport in which we have won a medal in three consecutive Summer Olympics.

Gacina was really disappointing. I was confident that he might reach the quarterfinals. He has beaten Samsonov several times in the past years i think. Ovtcharov probably would have been to much for him anyway.

Cilic from now on will really be tested. Even if he beats in-form Monfils, then probably Nishikori would be waiting. Its doable for him, but very tough. 

Croatia National Thread
Posted

Great result from Gorsa so far. I thought 10m air rifle was his weakest discipline.

Cernogoraz starts the day with a perfect series. Probably too late.

Croatia National Thread
Posted (edited)

Glasnovic is on 4th Position after day 1 with a score of 72.

23, 21 and 23 is really quite bad for Cernogoraz, I guess we can kiss him goodbye. The scores overall seem to be weaker than four years ago, but all he can achieve is 117 and that probably wouldn't be enough.

The result in handball is a disaster. At least nothing is lost and they have a chance to rehabilitate themselves. Normally we should have a chance against any of our possible quarterfinal opponents.

Edited by Milan

Croatia National Thread
Posted

I haven't seen anything of the match, but watching the scoreboard it seems that Cilic and Draganja were getting heavily outplayed by Djokovic/Zimonjic. I didn't see that coming. A few wasted break points early in the match, since then no Chance.

It looked like a good day for us , but it ended with two rather large disappointments.