website statistics
Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019
Posted
2 hours ago, Werloc said:

We always have room in the DNF club if you ever want to join again :yes

Well, We lost our 1 World Champion, so we’ll have to wait a long time to have a good team again

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019
Posted
Just now, hckosice said:

So no Single mix for us tomorrow only the classical 2+2 since Ivona Fialková is ill and Nastya Kuzmina is still in Obertiliach finishing her final training camp, she´ll open her WC 2018/19 route next Saturday since she removed the individuals from her list and mixed relays as well (and will compete this season only in Sprints/pursuits/mass starts + womens relays). Her only goals for this season are a World Championships gold (the only title she is still missing) and one perfect 0+0+0+0 shooting in one pursuit or mass start race (something she never achieved in her career).

So only the classical mixed relay tomorrow with the legs as follows : Paulína Fialková - Terézia Poliaková - Tomáš Hasilla - Martin Otčenáš

That’s not a bad team honestly 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Biathlon IBU Cup 2018 - 2019
Posted
2 hours ago, Werloc said:

I suspect Lithuania did not start in this sprint? Because we certainly would have seen them somewhere between 70 to 80?

Hey Kuaknas (spelled wrong, sorry) did very well in Pyeongchang he was one of surprises of the games for me.

Biathlon IBU Cup 2018 - 2019
Posted
24 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

I thought of the exact same song. :p 

(Normally, I wouldn't accept Christmas songs in November, but when it has to do with biathlon, it's okay :).)

Plus, the Christmas season is in full swing in the most important part of the world :p

Biathlon 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted
22 minutes ago, hckosice said:

they refused to sign the new 4 years contract with the national federation. nothing more specifical is known yet, they said they will reveil more in the next week.

All what was medialized and speculated during the last days was they disagreed with some points in this new deal, for example they wanted apparently only a 1 year deal, but the federation arguing every athlete have to sign the same contract, including 4 years duration of the agreement, and + obviously some marketing and funding things were other disputed matters I guess...but it´s really only speculations, we´ll see their statement next week. the only sure thing is they will not compete this season for sure (at least not for Slovakia, there some rumors about Austria showing some interest...but again, it´s only rumors and speculations)

here one article from last week were they partly revealed what the dispute is about. (in SVK, but I guess you can understand it)

https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/366753/preco-sa-nevedia-dohodnut-slovensky-zvaz-biatlonu-a-sestry-fialkove-na-podpise-zmluvy-o-statnej-reprezentacii/

I think they should some random African country to keep for to make Olympic qualification intersting

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Don't think Norway has any world class shooters (maybe I am wrong). 

I was talking about Biathlon in general 

2 hours ago, phelps said:

big, big news for Italian Biathlon...

our National Federation hired a new shooting coach for our guys...and he's nothing less than Niccolò Campriani! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I don't think I have to explain who he is, especially on this forum...:evil:

he's going to be the man in charge of all shooting activities (specific training, but also for psychological/motivational support) for all of our teams (senior M + F and juniors, too)...

if they don't improve their shooting skills with him, I don't really know what else can our federation do...:whistle:

Goodbye Norwegian domination, hello Italy