website statistics
13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

THe Canadian 4x200 finished in a whopping 17th place. Just a decade ago they were winning medals in this event. Sad.

It is truly shocking the disparity between the Canadian men and women right now.  I mean, I'm happy our women have been doing so well, and look to actually be improving.  But how can the men be left so far behind?  Maybe Thormeyer and Pratt can rise a bit in the coming years.  

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Our tv just showed a close up of King's touch. It seems she makes a very soft touch with her left hand while she makes a strong one with the right hand. Maybe the left hand wasn't registered. 

Maybe she should talk to Milorad Cavic about alleged soft touches on the wall.  Is Efinova sponsored by the official time keeper as well?  

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Ok ... how exactly are your women going to win 10 medals by themselves?

100 back + 200 back + 100 fly + 200 IM + 400 IM + 2-3 relays -> 7-8 medals

Theoretically Canada could also win medals in 50 fly, 50 back, 200 breast or 100 free, but in the last 2 events canadian athletes aren't favorites for a medal, so it is very possible that Canada ends up with "only" 9 medals on the women's side, so i am not sure why you act as if there is a guarantee that canadian women will win at least 10 medals.

Well, I meant that the women will win 8-9.  But you're right, Canada won 6 swimming medals back in the 70s, so technically 12 would make it double  I was talking modern times.  

The point still stands, Canadian women are miles ahead of the men.