website statistics
Przed chwilą, hckosice napisał:

No.

Only 2 olympic events finalists, no olympic event medals, only 4th place in M C1 and above everything, no olympic quota in W C1. Sorry, but a country like Slovakia can not be satisfied with such results in this sport. Our team leaders already announced a press conference tonight in our TV. Gonna be fun :lol:

For your country, winning one medal is a drama as if Poland in volleyball was eliminated in the group stage of the world championship. In Poland, such results would bring changes in trainers.

I have moderate feelings after the championship. It started fun, because of the medal in K-1 men, and then something was missing. I'm glad Grzegorz Hedwig's promotion to the Games and medal in C-2. But on the other hand, the attitude of Dariusz Popiela, as well as Klaudia Zwolińska and Michał Pasiut sad.

1 godzinę temu, dcro napisał:

Canoe slalom used to have one of the simpler qualification systems... But this time it will be a total mess, because there are so many double starters in women's events. :facepalm:

Honestly, they should just ask the athletes to pick their one and only event. It could work as an additional gender equality policy, as male athletes don't exactly have the luxury of being able to compete in both classes...

I see it as you do. But often the components of getting to the most important four-year party are culturally strange ;).

Place Player Times Error
1 Corinna Kuhnle :AUT 100,23 2 Q
2 Luuka Jones :NZL 101,25 2 Q
3 Fiona Pennie :GBR 101,34 0 Q
4 Kimberley Woods :GBR 102,85 0 Q
5 Camilie Prigent :FRA 104,97 0 Q

All results

Men's C1 Heats 2nd Run

Place Player Times Error
1 Thomas Koechlin :SUI 95,68 0 Q
2 Miguel Trave :ESP 95,97 0 Q
3 Lukas Rohan :CZE 97,20 0 Q
4 Vojtech Heger :CZE 97,76 0 Q
5 Matija Marinic :CRO 97,78 2 Q

All results

Place Player Times Errors
15 Igor Sztuba :POL 99,87 0
33 Kacper Sztuba :POL 108,94 2

Sideris Tasiadis (bronze medalist from the last World Championships) outside the final is probably the biggest surprise today in C1 among men.

Women's K1 Heats 1st Run

1  Marie-Zelia Lafont :FRA 99,83 0 Q
2  Stefanie Horn :ITA 102,40 0 Q
3  Mallory Franklin :GBR 103,74 4 Q
4  Jessica Fox :AUS 104,06 0 Q
5  Eva Tercelj :SLO 104,10 2 Q

15  Natalia Pacierpnik :POL 107,42 2 Q
20  Klaudia Zwolińska :POL 109,38 4 Q

Przed chwilą, ScottishJack napisał:

Alright, so the top 20 don’t compete in the Heats later today?

Today there are only races 1 and 2, and the semi-final and final stages will take place in given events on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

Do u think Poland will pick up any medals ?

I am quietly counting on the Grzesiek Hedwig medal. I would also like Marcin Pochwała and Ola Stach to repeat the result from Rio de Janeiro. However, priority is passes to the games.

More great medal chances for Ryan and David. 

Mountain canoeing is such a random sport that there is no point in guessing and hypothesizing who will have medals hanging around their neck after the first race.

Men's C1 Heats 1st Run

Place Player Time Errors
1 David Florence :GBR 94,48 0 Q
2 Benjamin Savsek :SLO 94,97 0 Q
3 Ryan Westley :GBR 96,44 0 Q
4 Denis Gargaud Chanut :FRA 97,37 0 Q
5 Ian Borrows :AUS 97,60 0 Q

20 Grzegorz Hedwig :POL 99,32 2 Q
24 Kacper Sztuba :POL 99,69 2
72 Igor Sztuba :POL 153,67 52

Poor passage of Igor Sztuba (:POL). As in the first part of the track he did very well, but in the second part the drama started from 15 goals.

19 minut temu, Jan Linha napisał:

Yeah. looks really tough. Those weaker guys have been having serious problems, 

Out of 53 competitors who reached the finish line only 7 did not touch or missed goals.

Great win for the Women K1 team, just beating the Czech and Russia. Can’t remember when we last won it but must of been 7 or 8 years ago. Was very impressed by the ladies, a medal chance next year

The last time on the podium in K1 British was in 2015, and they won in 2009, if I remember correctly.

Przed chwilą, Col_Frost napisał:

Maybe not 100 but surely 50. I mean we are mentally still in the era before 1989 ;) 

The only thing that separates us from 1989 and earlier is the fact that we have trace cases of doping. And for that praise our athlete that they don't always take an example from those from behind our eastern border.