website statistics
Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019
Posted
2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

@hckosice Gonna join me and hopefully some others for a race walk all-nighter (or at least until 3-4 am?)? :woohoo:

It’s gonna be great mid-day TV for me so...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Athletics 2018 Discussion Thread
Posted
41 minutes ago, dcro said:

This I actually approve... https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1069992/coe-hopeful-cross-country-involvement-at-buenos-aires-2018-will-boost-chances-of-full-olympic-return

Cross-country part obviously, not that ridiculous combined endurance event. It would be cool if they used eventing's cross-country course for future Olympic competitions (with obstacles still in place). :d

That wouldn’t be far off from the course I ran on Friday

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Athletics at the Asian Games 2018
Posted
23 minutes ago, Jur said:

I feel like this is going to be a controversial finish......

Upon seeing further replays, I don’t think it will

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

So ... would you say that the US/Canada are closer to for example Peru/Guatemala in all those aspects than to GB/France for example?

No, I would say they are North American in culture, and very different politically (besides being allies), but they would have huge historical ties to Europe as well.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

What does that have to do with anything? Most/many americans/argentinians are also european in decent, but noone would think its a good idea for them to compete at european championships.

The difference being that Israel is much more European culturally, historically, and politically compared to being Asian

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I never said UK & France would vanish into thin air but it's obvious they profit from influx from colonial talent. Yeah, I know the rich only get richer. I can only second guess where would Poland be if we had the resources similar to France & UK.

This is Anita Wlodarczyk's club stadium. I wonder if any of the French champions would even set a foot onto this junkyard?

z267jk9f81z4ujj2my1gcr97a7m7nvk9.jpg

The track looks nice

6 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

You obviously missed the point of the discussion ...

Of course it is part of Europe for sporting purposes, otherwise people from there wouldnt be allowed to compete for France ...

The question was whether it is part of Europe geographically and its clearly not. Israel is also part of Europe for sporting purposes, but not geographically.

Except for the fact that most Israelis are European in decent, and that Israel is a member of most European organizations.

6 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sometimes it might be better to think before you post ...

You are certainly in no position to tell me what to do, next time you show this behavior i will report your comment.

1) I dont follow badminton, i have no clue which athletes compete for Germany in this event.

2) Table tennis on the womens side Germany used to have two chinese athletes, same as basically all other european nations.

3) Which athletes in athletics are you talking about?

Anyway saying that for example german athletics team is filled with immigrants is pure trolling.

I like that you of all users is threatening to report me. All you do is bring negative opinions to the forum. All I’m asking for is that you brighten up a bit and maybe expand your opinion to the positives of allowing immigrants to compete.

7 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Very sad that Tortu was beaten by two non-europeans, but his time will come. Organizers should be fair in the future and just allow people from all over the world to compete at the european championships.

1) What happened to Miguel Francis?

2) Will Rai Benjamin represent the US or GB in the future?

I don’t see you complaining when your own Badminton, Table Tennis, and Athletics teams are filled with immigrants. Maybe you should just be thankful that thier allowed to compete, and stop your complaining all the time. 

7 hours ago, dcro said:

Then blame IOC for supporting colonialism. If the rules haven't been changed, then I'm sure Anguilla would be in the Olympic family.

I don’t know if they could support a team

Posted

From the IAAF Website, for YOG:

The IAAF is looking to discover an announcer for the Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games.

Are you passionate about athletics? Can you engage an audience? Could you be the new voice of future global championships?

The ‘Voice of YOG’ competition invites fans between the ages of 18 and 35 to submit a 60-second clip of their own commentary. Entries will be judged by an expert panel and the winner will earn the opportunity to be an announcer for the athletics competitions at the Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games.

Budding announcers can choose between two clips on which to commentate: Fabiana Murer’s winning vault at the IAAF World Championships Daegu 2011, or Felix Sanchez’s 400m hurdles victory at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Users can watch the clips online on IAAF’s YouTube channel and record their voice-over selfie video with their smartphone before posting it on Instagram or Twitter, using the hashtag #IAAFvoiceofYOG.

The expert panel – which includes Murer, Sanchez and Olympic medallist-turned-commentator Katharine Merry – will review the clips and whittle down the entries to a short list of three candidates. The winner will be announced in early September.

Entrants must be fluent in English and have a passionate and engaging voice. A strong knowledge of athletics is, of course, a bonus as well as basic skills in Spanish.

The prize includes a meet and greet with Murer and Sanchez, while on-site training will be given by the IAAF’s event presentation manager. Travel, accommodation, transport and meals will also be provided. Entrants must be available from 8-18 October and be willing to travel by plane.

The competition will officially open today, 24 July, and run until 19 August.

Full terms and conditions.

Posted
47 minutes ago, Xander said:

They tried to eliminate Semenya, Wambui etc. so hard they forgot to introduce the same rule for men ;) all the bold guys beware, lol.

IAAF competes with FIFA for the title of most corrupt & hateful trash dump of the sports world. Testosterone research has existed for decades, so why now? :mumble:To make it even more hypocrite they didn't prohibit other hormones from " when administered exogenously" list to ban everyone with naturally "abnormal" levels.

Honestly, I have a strange feeling that the rule will be lifted when athletes such as Semenya come from Europe or America

Posted

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2018
Posted
1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

46.98 for Samba, it's the new asian record :clap: 

He honestly looked like he was jogging, McMaster also looked good as well

Posted
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Marathon course for Tokyo 2020.

image.thumb.png.d3bfdff7d9e9b0b55aa47df18e57ee9d.png

Finally we'll have an Olympic marathon starting and finishing in the Olympic stadium like it's supposed to!!!

Also, looks like there aren't any loops. Just a straight 42 km course, awesome.

Looks like they have to deal with a hill at the end, based on elevation chart. Would love to see that finish:champion:

On 4/28/2018 at 16:37, thepharoah said:

it took them in Australia 40 years to apologize for this guy on banning him of participating at 1972 Olympics and 46 years to recognize his heroic action during 1968 olympics , both of them were after he died , btw he still holds the Australian record in men's 200m till now with 20.06 sec. , btw the AOC president is still sure that his NOC didn't do something wrong for him despite finishing his career and excluding him from anything related to sport in the country even in Sydney 2000 Olympics , what a shame ! 

It’s odd too since the theme of their latest multi-sports events have reconciliation with their native population.