website statistics
Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019
Posted
Just now, Col_Frost said:

On the one hand, yes you're right. If they're the best they should have oportunity to prove that. But the question is are they should be the best? Is it normal that kids had to train like pro athletes? Let the kid to be a kid, not a little grown-up.

None of them train like pro athletes. They have plenty of time to be kids. Skateboard is a counter-culture sport, so it’s not like the other Olympic sports

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
Just now, thiago_simoes said:

He only mentioned he would like teams to have a fixed order (2 men, 2 women, or 2 women, 2 men). This would certainly help understand who is ahead with real medal chances. The way this event is organized nowadays, potential viewers at home will be at loss. We are fans of sports and most of us consider this event a joke the way it is. Guess how casual viewers will feel...

Well I like the idea of teams being able to mix up their strategies. One day, a different strategy will work. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

I find it intriguing how we went from casual race walking discussions to talking about sports pedophilia in less than a day.

Natural order of things I’d say :p

Or better yet people calling each other’s countries out, to doping, to race walking, to whatever was happening this morning, to the Mixed Relay, to pedophilla

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

You just searched for 'pedophilia'? That's shady man :evil: 

No I remember the topic because of what a creepy thing that was too say

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Have fun :p 

Didn’t take that long actually:

On 14/09/2019 at 02:01, phelps said:

I feel more disgusted than anything, instead...

I mean, here we are close to a form of "sport pedophilia"...

nobody will never convince me that boys and girls of this age should be allowed to compete against men and women who could really be their fathers and mothers...no way...

Posted
Just now, phelps said:

tbh, I don't think I'm that weird in thinking that boys and girls shouldn't compete against adults (nor forced to be "highly professional" when they're still so young) and men and women shouldn't go against each other in disciplines involving decisive physical performance...

"everything (and everybody) at their own place" is my motto...

Sport is about progressive and pushing boundaries. Age should never matter at the highest level of a sport. Plus, it’s not the worst thing in history for men and women to compete against each other.

Posted
Just now, dcro said:

Guys, isn't it common knowledge that Olympian1010 disagrees just for a sake of disagreeing? And when he runs out of questionable arguments (like Poland would have finished 6th-7th) he brings up stuff like "skateboard pedophilia". :rolleyes:

It did happen. I will spend all day looking for that post. Don’t act like y’all don’t pull the same shit constantly.

Posted
Just now, thiago_simoes said:

What does it have to do with the comment about the 4x400? I think phelps has a really good point here.

That he’s got a weird thing with gender and age, so maybe he’s not the most qualified to say what shouldn’t be on the program.

Posted
Just now, dcro said:

400m runners are already pampered with relays anyway. Why do they deserve to get 3 medals for running the same exact distance? Utter BS.

Swimmers are pampered with like 6 events each, so let’s not go there...

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Although it's still a bit less unwatchable than the swimming mixed medley relay :lol: 

Love that too. Best part of the YOG :d

Posted
Just now, Monzanator said:

BS. Just another reason to boost USA's gold medal count. USA ain't winning a lick in the race walking.

Hey, I don’t like that we dominate everything and I’m all for the 50km Race Walks, but I don’t think there’s an evil plan behind the scenes to increase our medal count.

Posted
Just now, phelps said:

at least take example from Biathlon and force women to go against women and men to go against men in the single legs...

men vs women in the same leg is just unwatchable...

Coming from the guy who thinks watching the best Skateboarders is form a pedophilla...

Posted (edited)

Zango doesn’t actually have very good technical form. He could be much better.

Edited by Olympian1010

Posted
Just now, phelps said:

I don't blame any athlete for doing their job...I blame those idiots who decided to create this sh*t of a relay...

men and women are complementary...not supplementary (usig a mathematical definition)...

when it comes to physical performance, they just can't go against each other...point.

Again though, if the IOC wants Mixed events, relays are the best option. No events were taken off the program, and only one was added, no big deal.

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Too bad that fact came in such a circus act.

Bolt really could have challenged her if he wanted too, so I wouldn’t say that necessarily

Posted
Just now, phelps said:

yeah, it's already "impressive" to see the difference between men and women in swimming (where they are in lanes, not directly close to each other), but here is really disturbing...the US guy passing Swiety was...anticlimatic as hell...

Well Cherry ran a damn good 400m, so you can’t blame the event for that

Posted
Just now, dcro said:

Oh please... Poland was never going to finish last anyway.

No, but they took a risk and made the race interesting. I expected them to finish 6-7, so better in the end.

Posted
Just now, phelps said:

I repeat myself...this is pure sh*t...

and those idiots included it inthe Olympic program...:facepalm::wall:

There are way worse things in the Olympic Program than this.

Posted
Just now, dcro said:

Asking a woman to sprint against a man is just too much. This was very uncomfortable to watch to be honest.

The Polish did finish higher than I expected, so I’d say it worked.