website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Championships 2018

AlFHg

I hope this is going to be an incredible edition of world championships for Italy, as regards shotgun. 

On the other hand, Niccolò Campriani has retired and this is very bad... I hope he will be convinced to come back, possibly as flagbearer for Italy

• 5 months later...

The schedule I posted was deleted and it looks like no image of it exists :wall: 
So I wrote up this, that is referred only to the olympic events. The blue is qualification day only, the golden is the final. 

More info here: http://www.changwon2018.com/eng/sub02/sub02_01.php

Schermata 2018-08-09 alle 19.42.02.png

Just to briefly sum up olympic qualification criteria, the four best placed shooters in each event (max 2 per NOC) will obtain an olympic quota. As regards mixed team events, the best two NOCs will obtain a quota per gender in the relative event, plus the participation to the individual event at the olympics. *

*Personal interpretation, but it seems to be logic, don't you think?

Edited by AlFHg

11 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

As regards mixed team events, the best two NOCs will obtain a quota per gender in the relative event, plus the participation to the individual event at the olympics. *

*Personal interpretation, but it seems to be logic, don't you think?

No because in the qualification document it states that the athlete can still qualify their NOC a quota in the individual event. Also if you were to add up the athlete quotas the mixed team event quotas are separate so in theory you could have a completely different athlete competing in the mixed team event than in the individual events.

4 minuti fa, JoshMartini007 ha scritto:

No because in the qualification document it states that the athlete can still qualify their NOC a quota in the individual event. Also if you were to add up the athlete quotas the mixed team event quotas are separate so in theory you could have a completely different athlete competing in the mixed team event than in the individual events.

Seems strange that an athlete qualified in the mixed team may not have access to the individual, unless to be considered as a double starter... By the way, do you think that teams that obtain a mixed team quota, will have to obtain two other quotas in the respective single event?

3 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Seems strange that an athlete qualified in the mixed team may not have access to the individual, unless to be considered as a double starter... By the way, do you think that teams that obtain a mixed team quota, will have to obtain two other quotas in the respective single event?

They won't have to, as you said they could be double starters. Honestly I doubt a nation would use three athletes over the individual and team events, they'll most likely return an athlete quota.

2 ore fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

no, they won't

the mixed team qualification is only for that specific competition

p.s. I think some qualification criteria are absurd...and this is one of those...but still, that's how it works...

2 ore fa, JoshMartini007 ha scritto:

They won't have to, as you said they could be double starters. Honestly I doubt a nation would use three athletes over the individual and team events, they'll most likely return an athlete quota.

I'm wondering why giving out mixed team specifically quotas, at this point. They seem so unuseful

2 ore fa, JoshMartini007 ha scritto:

well, if we talk about shotgun shooting, Italy would be more than happy to use 3 different men and/or women in the trap events...leaving Silvana Stanco home before the Rio Games was so painful for our coach (ad for her, more than obviously)...

with the team event in the program, it wouldn't have happened...

Edited by phelps

32 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I'm wondering why giving out mixed team specifically quotas, at this point. They seem so unuseful

Probably to guarantee there would be enough entries for the event. In the unlikely scenario that an entirely different set of 29 countries qualified in the two individual events.