Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
OlympicIRL

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Official Day By Day Schedule

Recommended Posts

uk12points    369
26 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

BBC doesn't even have full rights any more. I ordered Eurosport for one month and then immediately cancelled, so I get the Games for 99p.

Will there be many events that the BBC won't be able to show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sindo    151
1 hour ago, dcro said:

 

What kind of work exactly? :p

 

I have already done that during Rio 2016, I will be an editorial support for the team who is producing daily highlights.

 

Most of them are great in their job or producing videos but do not know if Biathlon is a sport or a food or if Skeleton is also something else apart a group of bones :d

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    672

I'm not a curling expect.. what match is the best tonight? :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    300
4 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

BBC doesn't even have full rights any more. I ordered Eurosport for one month and then immediately cancelled, so I get the Games for 99p.

 

I know...

and this will hurt me mainly for the Summer Olympics...:cry::facepalm:

however, I can watch Eurosport1 & 2 on TV (Sky ITA) and I have also a 12-month Eusp Player subscription (I agreed to a special offer when they acquired the Italian and Euroleague basketball media rights...15€ for a full year, which is pretty cheap, I guess)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    300
2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm not a curling expect.. what match is the best tonight? :p 

 

I'd say CHN vs SUI in the night session and USA vs CAN at noon (Italian times, of course)...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mkbw50    110
2 hours ago, phelps said:

 

I know...

and this will hurt me mainly for the Summer Olympics...:cry::facepalm:

however, I can watch Eurosport1 & 2 on TV (Sky ITA) and I have also a 12-month Eusp Player subscription (I agreed to a special offer when they acquired the Italian and Euroleague basketball media rights...15€ for a full year, which is pretty cheap, I guess)...

Eurosport here are doing £6.99/month, and 99p for the first month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    300

I just want to let you know the unbelievable farce going on in Italy...

 

in our Country, as in almost any European Nation, Discovery Media (Eurosport) has bought the main set of TV rights of the Olympic Games...

 

normally, we have 3 ways to follow Eurosport...on the Digital Terrestrial TV as part of the Mediaset Premium Pay-TV offer (less than 2 million subscribers), on satellite TV (main package of Sky Italia Pay-TV, 4.7 million subs) or online (their Eurosport Player, just a few subs, slightly over 100,000)...

 

well, last night, when the Games were to start, we all discovered that sky ITA's sat channels were not to broadcast the Games...and only today in the afternoon came out that there won't be any sat broadcast of the Games because Discovery asked for more money to show the "Olympic package"...:yikes::facepalm::wall:

 

so, in the year 2018, in Italy we won't be able to watch the most part of the Olympic Games in high definition (on Mediaset Premium the Eurosport 1 & 2 channels are only in SD...their Player you all know how poor in terms of picture quality is)...

 

now many people are going crazy because of that, especially because nobody expected anything similar (and nobody - not sky ITA nor Eurosport - did announce anything in the past days)...

 

and so, most Italians have to be satisfied with the very limited offer of our public broadcaster (RAI), which, among other things, can't even show a single second of Ice Hockey, Curling, Nordic Combined and Skeleton events because of the agreement with Discovery Group...

 

sometimes I'm really ashamed of being Italian, of living in this fuc*in' place...:facepalm::wall::thumbdown:

Edited by phelps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,239
3 hours ago, phelps said:

their Player you all know how poor in terms of picture quality is)...

I guess it's different in Italy, since it's very good here. Plus it's absolutely dirt cheap in February, so even though many people here like to complain about ES and the player, it works absolutely perfect (at least here it does).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    300
9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I guess it's different in Italy, since it's very good here. Plus it's absolutely dirt cheap in February, so even though many people here like to complain about ES and the player, it works absolutely perfect (at least here it does).

 

I think it's more about personal feeling...;)

the ES Player here works as good as in the rest of Europe (provided you have a good internet connection), but to me a 720p/5000kbps/25fps stream is not good enough...as I wrote before, I'm used to MLB.tv, NHL.tv, NFL GamePass, Amazon and Netflix streams...1080i/p and 60fps for sports streams are a "must" for me (I'm OK with lower fps rate only in movies and tv series, since they were born with that features)...

and I guess they also have some encoding problems, because the difference in the viewing experience between ES Player and the other services I mentioned above it's really too big (and not in favor of the ESP)...

 

about being cheap...there's no doubt about it...I got a 12-month offer for only 15€ :yikes::lol: (and here in Italy they also have our National Basketball Championship and the Euroleague as exclusive rights -actually our BB league also has a 1-game slot on our FTA public channel Raisport+, but that's just a marginal part of the whole tournament)...

Edited by phelps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,239

Well then I do think there's a difference in quality, since the qualify here is basically the same as it's for Netflix or MLB.tv ;) 

 

If there even is a difference, it's as good as invisible. Even the HD on my TV is not better than what the ES Player is showing here, which is as clear as I could imagine. Oh well, the main thing: it's dirt cheap, great quality and shows an absolute shitload of stuff, so no complaints here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    300
7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well then I do think there's a difference in quality, since the qualify here is basically the same as it's for Netflix or MLB.tv ;) 

 

If there even is a difference, it's as good as invisible. Even the HD on my TV is not better than what the ES Player is showing here, which is as clear as I could imagine. Oh well, the main thing: it's dirt cheap, great quality and shows an absolute shitload of stuff, so no complaints here.

 

probably your TV is better than mine (it doesn't take that much...my TV is a old cheap model...I'm just waiting the big offer on the 2018 models later in the year to get a new 4K one :lol:;)) and adjusts the pictures more effectively...:d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×