website statistics

Wrestling 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

We had a great first day in freestyle competition, winning two gold and one silver which means a very good chance for winning the team title again (Iran won the team title back in 2014 and 2015)

BUT then we saw the draw for tomorrow, one of our wrestlers got Israel in first round which means we are down to 3 wrestlers for tomorrow :( and most probably the team title is gone.

btw while our Greco-Roman is going down, it seems our freestyle has a bright future.

В 05.09.2016 в 03:41, Gianlu33 сказал:

For the italian media Asgarov was positive in an antidoping control (Rio 2016) and he defeat Chamizo in semifinals.

Chamizo have any chance to win a silver?

With all respect to the Italian media, I doubt he has ever used doping

On 9/8/2016 at 15:42, Майкл said:

Arutyunyan appealed to CAS :roflmao:

Our Federation should file a counterappeal for his poor sportsmanship, tbh.  

Only if you had dignity or you knew jack-shit about the rules, you would not say such thing about a poor guy who got robbed big time of his gold medal and celebrate that undeserved gold medal in silence, but you lack both. glad there is a ignore bottom here in new totallympics

48 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Only if you had dignity or you knew jack-shit about the rules, you would not say such thing about a poor guy who got robbed big time of his gold medal and celebrate that undeserved gold medal in silence, but you lack both. glad there is a ignore bottom here in new totallympics

He shouldn't have been disrespectful towards Davor... It wasn't his fault.

Anyway. Have a nice day ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
Am 12.9.2016 um 14:04 schrieb MHSN:

Talking about the rules in wrestling. What is your opinion about the new rules in GR-Wrestling. Apparently they removed the par-terre position, but referees can still  give caution points whenever they want. I think GR-wrestling will surely remain a corrupted sport with this rules.

2 hours ago, ledon said:

Talking about the rules in wrestling. What is your opinion about the new rules in GR-Wrestling. Apparently they removed the par-terre position, but referees can still  give caution points whenever they want. I think GR-wrestling will surely remain a corrupted sport with this rules.

Well, these rules aren't actually "new", we had them for junior/youth tournaments for 2-3 years and they announced almost 2 years ago that they will apply them for senior events after the Olympics, but I was hoping they change their mind but they didn't !

I think this is a terrible change, maybe it works in age group levels or in lower levels but in higher level, when both wrestlers are relatively good it's really hard (sometimes almost impossible) to score in standing position. forced par-terre was always a part of Greco-Roman wrestling. you probably can't remember but they removed it once back in 2004 after Athens Olympics in 3-period era but it didn't work and they changed the rules very quick only after few months. I can't believe they are doing the same mistake. Greco-Roman wrestling was already boring, now it's much more boring, if you score a big 4-pts throw, you can defend the rest of the match , even 4 cautions won't make you the loser !

and most importantly, with this they gave much more power to the referees. we saw how much terrible and corrupt they were in Rio. now the situation will get even worse !