website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

4 godziny temu, Gianlu33 napisał:

Sadly I agree.. It seems a B division race :( 

Well, it can't be Division B race if in this competition we can see such athletes as M. Fourcade, Dorin Habert, Svendsen, Lesser, Preuss, Eder, Hauser, Smith and Crawford ;)

10 hours ago, rybak said:

Well, it can't be Division B race if in this competition we can see such athletes as M. Fourcade, Dorin Habert, Svendsen, Lesser, Preuss, Eder, Hauser, Smith and Crawford ;)

When you have 2 mixed relay events, nations have to spread their athlets between them, meaning that either the mixed relay or the single mixed relay won't have the strongest possible field of competitors ;)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 11/28/2016 at 21:34, heywoodu said:

When you have 2 mixed relay events, nations have to spread their athlets between them, meaning that either the mixed relay or the single mixed relay won't have the strongest possible field of competitors ;)

I wonder what they'd do for the World Championships. I would have one on the first day and one on the last day.

2 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I wonder what they'd do for the World Championships. I would have one on the first day and one on the last day.

So far it's not even on the schedule :p

e37f2d1f6f.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah it's not this year. But they've added it starting 2019.

Cool, I thought it would be this year :d 

But yeah now that you mention it, I remember they said 2019..

@Werloc Didn't you say somewhere that Diana Rasimoviciute has divorced from Ilmars Bricis? She's on tomorrow's startlist as Diana Rasimoviciute-Brice :mumble:

On 11/25/2016 at 23:00, heywoodu said:

IBU Qualifying Points = ((athlete’s time/winner’s time)-1) x Race Factor) + Race Penalty

Race Factor: for Sprint and Individual competitions 800

Race Penalty: the sum of the points of the three highest ranked athletes in the top 10 divided by 3.75

The race penalty for all WC, WCH and OWG competitions is zero (0).

Earlier in the year I made this table so when I'm at the competitions I can somewhat easily check the number of points without having to calculate stuff on my phone all the time :p (and so Bruna and the Brazilians have a better idea of what they'll need)

ca7a8daa34.png

The colour coding is just a little random, mostly because 150, 180 and 200 are/were "important" lines :p 

I've taken 40 as race penalty here. In most IBU Cups last season it was something between 30 and 40 (at least for the women), but as it depends on who ends up in the top-10, it's always a bit hard to predict exactly. That's why I used 40, so in most cases the actual number of points will be a little bit lower. 

Vertical is the winning time of the race (as you see it'll only work for sprints), horizontal is the time of athlete X behind the winner --> combine them to get the approximate number of points for athlete X :d 

By the way, concerning the World Championships, thinking about Tsakiri here- an athlete needs to 'have' under 180 points to be eligible to start. Does that mean all the points from the races are added up and averaged out?

9 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

By the way, concerning the World Championships, thinking about Tsakiri here- an athlete needs to 'have' under 180 points to be eligible to start. Does that mean all the points from the races are added up and averaged out?

They take the average of the three best results in the past three trimesters. 

IBU has slightly changed the way they publish IBU Qualifying Points (I mean the format of the PDF is a little different), and my Excel sheet doesn't like it, so I'm waiting for my Excel magician to solve the problem so I can start adding results and keeping the list up to date :p 

By the way, one result of under 150 points is sufficient as well to be eligible (so: average of under 180 or at least one result of under 150), so with her 109 points last weekend she is already eligible :)