Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
OlympicIRL

Rugby Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

LDOG    210

Italy is deader than death.

 

Good pool for Japan. Maybe historic performance?

 

Looks bad on paper, but Argentina will be fine:coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    339
3 hours ago, LDOG said:

Italy is deader than death.

It will be a deblacle :( Very bad draw..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    752

Just read in our press that thanks Montenegro win today against Bulgaria 42:19 Slovakia won for the first ever time the lowest European Division so-called "Development Division" and advance to the Division II South. :d

 

That super cool :d Congrats Guys :d

 

2Q==

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    409

USA have become the 13th nation to book their place at the 2019 Rugby World Cup. The Eagles thrashed Canada 52-16 in the second leg of their World Cup qualifying play-off in San Diego last night. The first leg in Canada ended in a draw, 28-28.

 

This will be the USA's 8th appearance in the Rugby World Cup, only missing the 1995 World Cup in South Africa. USA goes into the pool of death alongside England, France and Argentina.

 

Canada will play Uruguay in a play-off in early 2018 with the winner of that tie securing their spot at the 2019 World Cup.

 

Congrats to the Eagles :USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    409

Hmm, I was reading about member associates of World Rugby and in their official handbook, seems like they had a little trouble with the identity of one nation.... @hckosice  :d

 

 

Screenshot-2017-11-12 World Rugby - Wikipedia(1).png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    752
4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Hmm, I was reading about member associates of World Rugby and in their official handbook, seems like they had a little trouble with the identity of one nation.... @hckosice  :d

 

 

Screenshot-2017-11-12 World Rugby - Wikipedia(1).png

 

I guess, they found the mistake during past week when we played our first ever Division II match against --- Slovenia :dhttps://sport.aktuality.sk/c/304179/rugby-slovensko-nestacilo-v-konferencii-2-juh-na-slovincov/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    409
1 minute ago, hckosice said:

 

I guess, they found the mistake during past week when we played our first ever Division II match against --- Slovenia :dhttps://sport.aktuality.sk/c/304179/rugby-slovensko-nestacilo-v-konferencii-2-juh-na-slovincov/

 

Yes I followed the results of that match, good performance really as Slovenia would be one of the stronger teams in that conference (north and south). The match against Cyprus will be another lesson level though as they will be favourites to claim the southern title. But good progress from Slovakia in a short period and first goal is to avoid the drop :yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    752
2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

 

Yes I followed the results of that match, good performance really as Slovenia would be one of the stronger teams in that conference (north and south). The match against Cyprus will be another lesson level though as they will be favourites to claim the southern title. But good progress from Slovakia in a short period and first goal is to avoid the drop :yes

 

yeah, they are there mainly to learn, any eventual tie/win will be surely considered as a success, it´s still the early beginning for this sport in Slovakia. But still nice to see we are competing in new sports. That´s really fine. So may the force be with them then in their next game :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    409
4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

yeah, they are there mainly to learn, any eventual tie/win will be surely considered as a success, it´s still the early beginning for this sport in Slovakia. But still nice to see we are competing in new sports. That´s really fine. So may the force be with them then in their next game :p

 

Exactly, and by playing teams like Cyprus more regularly it can surely be only a good thing. The games against Austria and Serbia should be closer affairs and will be the ones to determine who will survive. Conference II North is the easier division but better playing in the harder division and gaining better experience is better in the long term :d

Edited by OlympicIRL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×