website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Rowing FISA Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021



Recommended Posts

Just now, sounak said:

What is the overall ranking of Kuwait in M1X? I do not see them in any of the Semifinals for A/B.

13th ! they had to participate in Final C ! but it was cancelled because there was nobody else lol

 

and there is 50% chance for Kuwait to have a quota in this sport by finishing last ! perfect

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rowing uses their single sculls event as a universality event. I don’t actually think it’s a bad idea. I think it’s led to the growth of the sport in some ways. We had like 10 nations compete in rowin

Start list for the heats tomorrow https://worldrowing.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/20210505_startbyrace01-1.pdf   Live stream      

Due to strong winds, all races cancelled for today. 

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

13th ! they had to participate in Final C ! but it was cancelled because there was nobody else lol

 

and there is 50% chance for Kuwait to have a quota in this sport by finishing last ! perfect

Wow!!!!! Who was the person who thought about these rules :wacko:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rowing uses their single sculls event as a universality event. I don’t actually think it’s a bad idea. I think it’s led to the growth of the sport in some ways. We had like 10 nations compete in rowing at the African Games, and that’s pretty awesome. Pan American Games enjoyed a good participation rate too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MHSN said:

assuming Japan will pick LM2X and LW2X (that just make sense) here is the rest

 

LM2X: :JPN:IND:UZB

LW2X: :JPN:VIE:INA

M1X: :KAZ:PHI:IRQ:THA

W1X: :TPE:KOR:HKG:QAT

 

that last quota depends on Iran! if Iran picks M1X. :SGP qualifies for W1X and if Iran picks W1X, :KUW will qualify for M1X !!!!!

Amazing rule :lol:

 

I was surprised we lost the direct qual chance in LM2x by 0.18 second

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sounak said:

Wow!!!!! Who was the person who thought about these rules :wacko:

someone who just cared about the number of NOCs in the Olympics !

 

I understand the logic about limiting countries in the continental qualifiers. it's not good to see a country winning all quotas in its continent. but still  limiting each NOC to just 1 is terrible. it should be 60/70% of the quotas. in this case 3 or at least 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tigercub said:

Is Japan already assured of quotas in M1x and W1x as host nation? If so, are they still eligible to choose two boats from LM2x and LW2x?

No they are only given the host quota if they failed to qualify in any men's or women's event. The host quota is reallocated to the next highest ranked nation at this regatta.

 

Unused Host Country Place(s) will be reallocated to the NOC of the next highest placed boat in Single Sculls in the respective gender at the Asia-Oceania Continental Qualification regatta that has not yet qualified a boat for the Olympics at either the World Rowing Championships or the Continental Qualification regatta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

No they are only given the host quota if they failed to qualify in any men's or women's event. The host quota is reallocated to the next highest ranked nation at this regatta.

 

Unused Host Country Place(s) will be reallocated to the NOC of the next highest placed boat in Single Sculls in the respective gender at the Asia-Oceania Continental Qualification regatta that has not yet qualified a boat for the Olympics at either the World Rowing Championships or the Continental Qualification regatta.

So it does make sense for Japan to pick LM2X and LW2X since at the end they are guaranteed two singles quotas, right ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

So it does make sense for Japan to pick LM2X and LW2X since at the end they are guaranteed two singles quotas, right ?

No, they will only be given the host quota if they failed to qualify any men's or women's boats.

 

So what could happen is they could take the two men's or two women's boats and then take the host quota of the other gender.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...