website statistics

Poll 9/100 | If you were told you could watch only one team sport during the Olympic Games what would you choose?

Poll 9/100  

66 members have voted

1. 1. If you were told you could watch only one team sport during the Olympic Games what would you choose?

• Basketball
    • Handball
    • Rugby Sevens
    • Football
    • Baseball / Softball
    • Volleyball
    • Field Hockey
    • Water Polo
    • I don't know
    • None, if I was given the option I'd remove some / all of the team sports and replace it with new and exciting individual events.

Field Hockey (because it's likely the only one still having the Olympic games as their main target, while many others are more focused on the rich club season, despite what they publicly say :whistle:)...

and because I like the sport (and there are not so many chances to watch the highest level of play during the rest of the 4-year span, especially here in italy)...of course...

Of baseball and football I'd pretty much only watch the results anyway, so those are easy choices. Probably the same for most of the water polo and basketball. Actually I think for most of these sports the only matches I really watch will be from the quarterfinals on, or later, since there's too many medal events going on most of the time to spend time watching group matches :p 

Of the sports that remain for me, I think volleyball might have the most open field (definitely compared to for example field hockey), so I'll go for that one :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Honestly, I couldn't care less about all of the team sports in and out of the Olympics and I'm usually not the biggest fan of relays in sports as well.

Perhaps this feeling comes from the fact that I'm from a small country where you mostly get 1-2 good athletes per sport, so you never really produce that many competitive teams in anything. 

We never qualify anywhere apart from basketball, but even if we did, I much more prefer supporting individual athletes than I do teams, so I would definitely delete a sport or two to give additional Olympic quotas in some sports or add a few disciplines to sports that are already there.

Tough question for me. I personally really enjoy the team sports. In the end I went with volleyball because I personally enjoy the sport, but from the Dutch perspective I wouldn't want to miss field hockey either of course!