website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Indian men's hockey team goalkeeper PR Sreejesh and former women's player Deepika were nominated by Hockey India (HI) for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.

Men's team player Harmanpreet Singh, Vandana Katariya and Navjot Kaur have been nominated for the Arjuna Award, while former India players RP Singh and Sanggai Ibemhal have been recommended for the Dhyan Chand Award for Lifetime Achievement. Coaches BJ Kariappa and CR Kumar have been nominated for the Dronacharya Award.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Hey does anyone know if Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan have qualified? I see a Spanish duo qualified with a combined ranking of 170 on Wikipedia. As far as I remember Divij and Rohan have a combined ranking less than 170.

2 hours ago, sounak said:

Hey does anyone know if Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan have qualified? I see a Spanish duo qualified with a combined ranking of 170 on Wikipedia. As far as I remember Divij and Rohan have a combined ranking less than 170.

No news yet on Bopanna-Divij but will get clarity by July 5. I think the Spanish pair of Pablo Andujar and Roberto Baena comes from Singles priority quota

2 hours ago, sounak said:

No I don't think so. The Spanish pair you are talking is of singles players. If you see that wiki you can see it is TBD. Their qualifications depend on other singles players not wanting to participate in doubles. So no they are not confirmed.

Archery

Indian Husband/Wife duo of Atanu Das  and Deepika Kumari  beat Netherlands pair by 5-3 to won Gold in Mixed Team Recurve event  at World Cup Stage 3.

Also,

Indian women team of Deepika Kumari  , Komalika & Ankita beats Mexican by 5-1 to won the Gold Medal in Recieve women team

Archery

Indian Husband/Wife duo of Atanu Das  and Deepika Kumari  beat Netherlands pair by 5-3 to won Gold in Mixed Team Recurve event  at World Cup Stage 3.

Also,

Indian women team of Deepika Kumari  , Komalika & Ankita beats Mexican by 5-1 to won the Gold Medal in Recieve women team 

Deepika Kumari  beat Osipova  by 6-0 to make it 3 Gold and will move to Tokyo Olympic as World no 1 .

Three Gold in 3 event for Deepika Kumari

47 minutes ago, sounak said:

Really impressive performance in Archery. Gold in 2 olympic events is good although we do not have South Korea here.

would like to add even china and chinese taipei are not there which are very strong teams...

in archery at olympics we are perennial chokers especially deepika....hopefully things gets changed at tokyo