website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

We could have our own electoral college. Only instead of population, we use the number of participations / result history to determine who gets how many electoral votes for the Team Challenge.

Basically, Ireland would be our California, the Netherlands would be our Pennsylvania, while someone like Israel would be our Rhode Island. :p

I like the idea! :d 

Joking aside, I was thinking we could model it after Modern Pentathlon's relay format, but that's just an idea.

Plus we need to contact our resident expert @Vojthas if he can help us understand how it works, so we can create a fun, yet simple, model for the competition.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

We could have our own electoral college. Only instead of population, we use the number of participations / result history to determine who gets how many electoral votes for the Team Challenge.

Basically, Ireland would be our California, the Netherlands would be our Pennsylvania, while someone like Israel would be our Rhode Island. :p

Oh cool, first I'll declare our teams' victory, then when our team starts losing, I'll say that we shouldn't have counted the votes from countries that are announcing their votes during the final session. When our team continues losing the lead, I'll proudly say that the system is rigged and that there were less registered Italian users than there were Italian votes and lastly I'll demand a recount. If that doesn't work, I'll demand a recount again or just say that sending votes to Heywoodu by PM shouldn't even be allowed. 

So... as we have seven teams of five then I propose compating scores after each series of voting:

Rounds 1-4 - The winner gets 250 pentathlon points, every next gets 5 pentathlon points less for every 1 voting point less

Round 5 - Handicap start - we add 1 pentathlon point for every 1 voting point to the total score. Then we add the points of team members and... here we know the result.

:SWE S W E D E N :SWE

You say music, I say Eurovision,

You say Eurovision, I say Sweden,

You say Sweden, I say... ABBA? Obviously, even too much. Loreen? Just an imitation of Kate Bush. Måns? Not my style.

So, here they are:

Spoiler

Herreys!

3 hours ago, Vojthas said:

So... as we have seven teams of five then I propose compating scores after each series of voting:

Rounds 1-4 - The winner gets 250 pentathlon points, every next gets 5 pentathlon points less for every 1 voting point less

Round 5 - Handicap start - we add 1 pentathlon point for every 1 voting point to the total score. Then we add the points of team members and... here we know the result.

Seeing as TISC can easily lead to point margins such as 49 to 0, the margin of points between first and last would be equivalent of getting trampled by a horse that you were supposed to be riding. 

20 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Seeing as TISC can easily lead to point margins such as 49 to 0, the margin of points between first and last would be equivalent of getting trampled by a horse that you were supposed to be riding. 

Which isn’t an impossible scenario in modern pentathlon...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela