website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

15 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Old news. It's either the military junta or communists aka sociallists. There isn't any other choice in South America tbh.

And the cartels, can’t forget the cartels :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:cry: ?? 

I’ll quickly sum up what happened to one of my favorite reps. In the 2018 elections, she turned a historically red seat blue (her district includes half of town (she’s not my rep though)) in a huge upset. She quickly rose to fame in the House, and was climbing the democratic ranks. She was also known for her bipartisan work, which is a rarity nowadays. 

However, a few weeks ago some videos began to circulate on the internet. It turns out that she had been supposedly having sexual relations with a few different people. It isn’t shocking because she’s bisexual, but everyone has been using it to attack her, which is completely wrong. In fact, my town’s mayor (a Republican) came out with a lengthy statement in her defense today. It’s honestly a shame to see someone attacked because they’re unhappy in their marriage and questioning their sexuality. I don’t think she should have relationships with her staffers, but I also think that we should hold the 15 or so other elected officials similar issues responsible too. Especially since we’ve decide that it’s okay for men to use woman as they please, but disgusting when a woman does the same thing, or speaks out about unwanted contact.

I love this country, I really do. I just hate to see it in this state. I honestly fear will never recover from the partisan age. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

"We decided it's okay for men to use women as they please." 

Yeah, no, we did not and it's rather quickly moving the other way, luckily.

"She had been supposedly having sexual relations with a few different people. It isn't shocking because she's bisexual." 

I know it's late so won't blame you for a poor choice of words, but this makes it sound like you think bisexual people are all literally fucking around all the time.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

And the cartels, can’t forget the cartels :yes

Well, either this or allow to harvest the Amazon forest for oil. The latex boom has dried up over 100 years ago. Sadly South America doesn't have much natural resources and even Venezuela is going belly up with their oil market which is downright insane. So, it's either drugs or coffee to bring money.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

:cry: ?? 

I’ll quickly sum up what happened to one of my favorite reps. In the 2018 elections, she turned a historically red seat blue (her district includes half of town (she’s not my rep though)) in a huge upset. She quickly rose to fame in the House, and was climbing the democratic ranks. She was also known for her bipartisan work, which is a rarity nowadays. 

However, a few weeks ago some videos began to circulate on the internet. It turns out that she had been supposedly having sexual relations with a few different people. It isn’t shocking because she’s bisexual, but everyone has been using it to attack her, which is completely wrong. In fact, my town’s mayor (a Republican) came out with a lengthy statement in her defense today. It’s honestly a shame to see someone attacked because they’re unhappy in their marriage and questioning their sexuality. I don’t think she should have relationships with her staffers, but I also think that we should hold the 15 or so other elected officials similar issues responsible too. Especially since we’ve decide that it’s okay for men to use woman as they please, but disgusting when a woman does the same thing, or speaks out about unwanted contact.

I love this country, I really do. I just hate to see it in this state. I honestly fear will never recover from the partisan age. 

It's abuse of power no matter how you want to spin it. If Clinton got impeached for the Lewinsky affair then no member of the Congress should be held to a lower standard.

Power has no gender attached to it, period. Women in power can be equally as ruthless as men.

It was not a surprise, btw... After 50 years old, for the frist time ever in the Italian history, the right coalition won in the Umbrian elections despite the strange and funny left-M5S coalition. 

It was a complete debacle, the right coalition won with 20 points more than the left... Umbria was a communist strongold and, until some years ago, a left-winf strongold :(

10 hours ago, konig said:

The communism return to the goverment in Argentina, is a very sad day for me but the explanation is the terrible present goverment.

Is long and dificult to me to translate my larger conclutions, so i made that summary.

Peronist party is left or communist? I don't think so. It's clearly a populist party

hace 6 horas, Monzanator dijo:

Sadly South America doesn't have much natural resources and even Venezuela is going belly up with their oil market which is downright insane. So, it's either drugs or coffee to bring money.

What exactly are you calling "resources"? Just oil or something else?

The geography of Venezuela/Colombia has nothing to do with Argentina or Chile's. Saying "south america" is an inmense generalization in this aspect.

Edited by LDOG

46 minutes ago, konig said:

Yes, you are right but the communist part of the peronist party (they have many) obtein the power again :(

Honestly Peronist is kind of it’s own thing. It’s an odd amalgamation of a bunch of different political ideologies.