website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

I dunno about rules but I've read about accusations that Essam el Hadary used black magic a few years back

I’ll be honest. America seems to have a lack of black magic. Marianne Williamson did accuse the president of essentially being a demon during the second democratic debate though. I miss her self-help talk and voodoo already.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 19/09/2019 at 17:25, Griff88 said:

Two big news from Indonesia:

1. Our Sports Minister is charged with bribery,     he has now stepped down (after congratulating sambo athletes earlier that day)

2. The parliament is preparing a bill to revise the criminal code (current version is inherited from the 1918 Wetboek van Strafrecht voor Nederlandsch-Indie) which includes new "interesting" articles such as:

• In addition of the ban on spreading communism and Marxism, spreading atheist and agnostic views or inciting people to stop believing religions are now punishable (4 years in prison)
  • Any form of abortion is now punishable (the new article said that "asking/giving consent for abortion" is punishable thus conflicting with the legal exception for health reasons or rape victims)
  • Performing black magic is now punishable for 3 years in prison, bonus 1 year if the damage is financial :lol:
  • Showing, advertising, or offering contraceptives to children is now punishable by law (except for certified officials)
  • Cohabitating is now punishable if someone reports you :wacko:
  • Minimum prison sentence for corruption is now only 2 years (instead of 4)
  • Anti defamation law has been modified, which made it possible for journalists to be jailed because the subject did not like their article or felt attacked by it.

Looks like I have to make a long-term plan to live somewhere else

The revision bill is vetoed by the president :clap:

2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

The revision bill is vetoed by the president :clap:

Can Parliament (I’m assuming that’s what Indonesia has) over ride the veto?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

after this blocus of the Capital by the army , the protesters invaded the city walking & by boats :lol:

EE5TO6QU0AAZleL.jpg

70978485_2456083297794281_13956941745309

apparently they didn't miss the 31th Fraiday :lol:

uDKMFqyz?format=jpg&name=600x314

uiAwAHTs?format=jpg&name=600x314

EEz2px-XYAA-ZbW.jpg

Y17yDjN4?format=jpg&name=600x314

9201919164743734.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fal

EE6EJxqWsAILkOO.jpg

EE5dlfPU4AAzR-f.jpg

EE48-HdU4AUf6jm.jpg

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Can Parliament (I’m assuming that’s what Indonesia has) over ride the veto?

No.

It is also the last plennary session for the current 5-year term.. Which means some of the dumb people will lost their seats by next month.

@Olympian1010 :SVK president Zuzana Čaputová landed in New York for her first visit of the :USA but don´t worry her program doesn´t include any meeting with your "president" or any other USA diplomat. She just wanted to attend the Globsec last night, then will have a speech at the UN, her next program is the climatic summit, a short meeting with UN general secretary and want spend a day to visit and speaks with the Slovak minority in USA

Landing in NY

image.png

Speech at the Globsec

rr0Oo9CbTDTM-9ozA_Zr1Q.2560~Prezidentka-

image.png

Why is everyone standing up while their plates are still full?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!