website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, hckosice said:

Maybe wating for the olives, who know :d

Ah, so she's the only smart person in the room, digging in before some idiot throws some olives on her actual food?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, hckosice said:

@Olympian1010 :SVK president Zuzana Čaputová landed in New York for her first visit of the :USA but don´t worry her program doesn´t include any meeting with your "president" or any other USA diplomat. She just wanted to attend the Globsec last night, then will have a speech at the UN, her next program is the climatic summit, a short meeting with UN general secretary and want spend a day to visit and speaks with the Slovak minority in USA

That’s cool. If she would have landed in California I would’ve tried to get a picture of her leaving the plane myself.

Also, I just remembered a really unique fact about my childhood for some reason.

Before the space shuttle program was shutdown, they used to land in my home town. The sonic booms were unbelievably loud. Seeing that thing just dart across the sky and then slow down was just awesome. All of the landings I saw (2 I think) were successful thankfully. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

Ah, so she's the only smart person in the room, digging in before some idiot throws some olives on her actual food?

I’m going to have Bruna sneak an olive into one of the your dinners one of these days. It will be the highlight of the year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

That’s cool. If she would have landed in California I would’ve tried to get a picture of her leaving the plane myself.

Also, I just remembered a really unique fact about my childhood for some reason.

Before the space shuttle program was shutdown, they used to land in my home town. The sonic booms were unbelievably loud. Seeing that thing just dart across the sky and then slow down was just awesome. All of the landings I saw (2 I think) were successful thankfully. 

Apparently the biggest amount of slovaks or peoples of slovak ancestry lives in Pittsburgh, they also organize apparently some annual festival wow :woot:

slovak%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.gif

also I like how they sing both anthems at the opening

Spoiler

Just now, hckosice said:

Apparently the biggest amount of slovaks or peoples of slovak ancestry lives in Pittsburgh, they also organize apparently some annual festival wow :woot:

slovak%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.gif

also I like how they sing both anthems at the opening

Reveal hidden contents

Damn less than 5 Slovaks live near me. At least I get my exotic Slovak experience through @hckosice. I would know zero Slovaks besides Sagan if not for @hckosice

4pxRch9.png

This little bright red dot in Texas in the middle of all grey is so random. Did an entire family move there 100 years ago or something? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Damn less than 5 Slovaks live near me. At least I get my exotic Slovak experience through @hckosice. I would know zero Slovaks besides Sagan if not for @hckosice

But Sagan is two. And you don't know Matej Toth, shame on you good sir!

Just now, heywoodu said:

But Sagan is two. And you don't know Matej Toth, shame on you good sir!

Goth didn’t sign a hat of mine unfortunately :( .

Goth didn’t sign a hat of mine unfortunately :( .

He didn't sign any of mine hats neither!