Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

:(

You're safe from 4th, at least :)

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Edited by Werloc

Apparently Kocergina and Rasimoviciute's shooting in relay was a one time thing. :p

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Apparently Kocergina and Rasimoviciute's shooting in relay was a one time thing. :p

Well, I knew that Diana was going to perform awfully, hoped that Kočergina would have shown a little bit more of a respectable shooting. The performance today is pretty pathetic, and that's me being nice.

Edited by Werloc

Can we take a moment to appreciate just how good of a race this is? Tons of great performances, seems kind of unusual for a season opener.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, it's still looking like a secured podium for you, don't know what you're nervous about :d

That post didn’t age well :p

4 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate just how good of a race this is? Tons of great performances, seems kind of unusual for a season opener.

Congratulations with the Top 10 :)

• Thanks 1

31 минуту назад, hckosice сказал:

:(

Dzyma always lacked something last season. Whether it was skiing or shooting. She had 5th, 6th places and look at this first race for her! Maybe you won't have to wait the whole season after all.

9 минут назад, Nate River сказал:

Exactly my thought. So many 4 0's even despite the wind. Also I like how someone who's not in the spotlight in personal races conquered almost the whole top-10.

Edited by Xander

Uros Velepec promised to wear pink again if our girls take a medal :lol: Waiting for pics :d

Alright, here are some of my points on today's race, which was very packed with excitement :)

Firstly, Herrmann picked off 23 seconds off of even Makarainen in the course time, so when she gets her shooting in a better shape, or on a better day, she seems likely unstoppable and podium potential even with 1 miss in a sprint race.

Other than that, Germany was pretty under the weather, Hildebrand still seems pretty slow, Hammerschmidt doesn't look at her best as well as Preuss with Hinz, that performed way below expectations on the skis. Props to Karolin Horchler, her being the second best German tonight will certainly make the team scratch their heads.

Another team that does well in this competition, but was non-existant is Italy. Wierer's shooting is not at where it has to be, very poor performance for the famous 20/20 shooter Runggaldier, Sanfilippo ruined her chances in the first prone, saving grace was Vittozzi.

Another team that Eurosport did not even show once today was Russia. Slivko managed a 27th with 1 miss, 2015 world champion Yurlova 33rd, with recent season podium contenders Virolaynen, Podchufarova out of the points.

All in all, Hauser is still pretty slow, as well as other Austrian girls (Zdouc 42nd with clean shooting).

Surprisingly, not a single Pole in top 40.

Very bad USA performance accompanied with a tragic performance from Lithuania.

Now for some praise,

Skardino yet again shows that she is always a factor in the individual races.

Ukraine with two girls on the podium, 3 in top 30 with 60/60 shooting.

Another year of improvement for Sweden with 6th / 15th / 25th

Fialkova's performance, Canada's top 10, Solemdal's clean shooting, great ski speed from Braisaz and best performance of the French, Finland duo not bad either, Amanda Lightfoot making a strong impression on that Olympic quota.

I'd say this race was mostly about the underdogs, so I'm interested to see how the leaders answer in the sprint.

31 minutes ago, Nate River said:

That post didn’t age well :p

Biathlon happened.