website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

That is why i never download any "official" sporting apps, because they are never useful.

I’ve found some to be useful. Lillehammer2016 had an app I used frequently during the games. 2019 Indian Ocean Island Games has a nicely done, really useful app. 

Overall, I’d say Lausanne2020 has just had poor website and app management. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s a link to the Live Trivia platform: https://www.lausanne2020.sport/en/fanzone/

It can be a bit glitchy, so be aware. Highly recommend playing as the winner will receive a free trip to the Tokyo2020 Olympic Games!

where do you see the prizes? The "prizes" page on that link is empty.

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

where do you see the prizes? The "prizes" page on that link is empty.

As I said, glitchy

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

yeah but you must have read them somewhere given that you know the prize for the winner :p

https://www.lausanne2020.sport/en/news/lausanne-2020/lausanne-2020-live-trivia-test-your-olympic-knowledge-to-win-a-trip-to-tokyo-2020

Alright, I’m sitting in 6th place in the live trivia. I’m 2 questions down on the leader after the first game. Only 120 people participated.

7/10. A disappointing performance really.

Edited by Olympian1010

1 minute ago, Griff88 said:

Dang it, 2/10 because the sceeen suddenly lags and skipped the questions :wacko:

Awe, that’s unfortunate. I quite like this though. More multi-sports games and world championships should do this type of giveaway.

Finally an announcement from NBC acknowledging there will be TV coverage of the Youth Winter Olympics..

2020 Youth Winter Olympics TV schedule

3 hour nightly program on the Olympic Channel (the linear cable TV version in the United States).  Plus presumably all of the streaming coverage from the online version of the Olympic Channel.