website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2021

Totallympics

58 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

iga can be the one , it doesn't mean that she lost this year that it's the end of the world , she can return stronger next year talking about clay , ofc on hard courts we have Osaka who can eat anybody alive , for grass after Serena and Venus there's none 

Kvitova should be #1 Wimbledon favorite but she's very incosistent in the last few years. And I have no idea why Pliskova never reached QF there given her serve potential. That's a real head-scratcher for me and she's kinda past-prime already.

Krejcikova/Siniakova win women's doubles 64 62.

Krejcikova becomes first player since Mary Pierce in 2000 to win RG in both singles & doubles. Also first player not named Williams to win GS singles/doubles at the same tournament in XXI century.

I feel very sorry for Tsitsipas :( He deserved to win and things were going great, but allez. As we all know for years now, no one can beat the Big 3 at the GSs (especially generations after them), no matter how much they try, or what the situations have been.  Everyone should just be waiting for them to retire, but the way things are going, it won't be for another 4-5 years. :d

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• And they cut 2 events by week, so less events and no double-up distances
    • IOC Press Release  11th September 2024 The IOC is pleased to announce the addition of the exciting new winter sport of Lugeage (prounounced Lugg-age) to the 2030 Winter Olympics being held in the French Alps. The sport which combines luge and dressage has a cult following in Germany and its alpine neighbours. Horses and riders judged on speed, technique, artistic impression and survival. In a statement, 1976 Olympic Team Fencing champion and current Weltsportfuhrer Thomas Bach said "It's a mix of balletic precision and high speed action and the only extra expense we expect is the hiring of extra race marshalls with very large shovels if the horses get too excited". When asked if the sport could be considered dangerous if the sleds went out of control, Bach commented "Don't you think we thought of that before adding it to the programme?"   In unconnected news Thomas Bach is to join the board of the popular Belgian fast food chain, Kortrijk Fried Pony when he steps down from the IOC next years
    • Wait, what happened?     https://shorttrack.sportresult.com/ was a fantastically clear page for many years, super easy to find what you needed, super clear schedules, but it's gone     And now there is https://short-track.com/ which looks like it was made by some design team that never really had any connection with how sports results work? And, World Tour? What was wrong with a World Cup?   Help  
    • Edo Affini is the new European champion Double italian jersey on the podium
    • Finally, a (joke) proposal to add events to the Winter Olympics that I actually fully disagree with :D
    • This brazilian NT is the worst we ever had, the lack of quality and a good manager is insane.   Thanks God there are 6,5 beths, if not we would not qualify tô the next WC.
    • Yogasana is a sport that focuses on the physical aspect of yoga, where players have to perform yogic postures and are judged on their difficulty, balance, control, flexibility and endurance.   The rules of yogasana are different for every event. Competitions are generally held in three major events – artistic, rhythmic and traditional.   Artistic yogasana is similar to artistic gymnastics. Athletes have to perform postures for three minutes while synchronising their performance to music.   Athletes must include 10 asanas in their routine from a predetermined list, which includes leg balance, hand balance, back bend, forward bend and body twisting. Artistic yogasana is held in individual as well as pair categories.   Meanwhile, the traditional yogasana event requires participants to hold their postures for 15 seconds or 30 seconds, depending on the asana, with emphasis being laid on balance and stability.   The third event category, rhythmic yogasana, is conducted in pairs and groups of five. Players are required to perform asanas in sync with each other and maintain each posture for five to seven seconds. Points are also awarded for smooth transition between two postures.
    • She is having quite a year.     Viktória Chladoňová in 2024   Cyclo-Cross World Championships W Juniors Bronze     Mountain-Bike World Championships, W Junior Cross-Country Gold     Road Cycling, European Championships, W Junior Road Race Bronze     + both titles in Slovak senior and Junior Road Race, MTB and Cyclo-Cross   She just signed last weekend a 3 years deal with Visma
    • Well, I am a notoriously diehard fan of Norwegian winter sports, so this explains it all I think. Can't hide my bias forever.