website statistics

Fencing EFC European Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Has anyone here know/think that there is an :ISR with a chance of qualifying for the Olympics?

Tomorrow, both Freilich in men's epee and Pustilnik in women's foil have good/decent chances to take a spot. Freilich is the second highest-placed fencer according to the ranking in his weapon and Pustilnik is the top seed in her weapon. Biggest chance is probably Pustilnik.

33 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Has anyone here know/think that there is an :ISR with a chance of qualifying for the Olympics?

What said above by Wumo, but consider that Pustilnik never made the top 8 in the qualifying period so it could end like in 2016 (Hatuel won but Israel NOC refused the quota).

11 minutes ago, rybak said:

Siess without quota, dissapointed after good performance in Doha Grand Prix. There should be available at least two quotas per continent, not just one, its not fair at all...

Yes , sadly , that only 1 quota for Europe

42 minutes ago, rybak said:

Siess without quota, dissapointed after good performance in Doha Grand Prix. There should be available at least two quotas per continent, not just one, its not fair at all...

What I would prefer is to have separate qualification for the individual and team events, meaning that no one would qualify for the individual event just because they are a member of a qualified team. But that would never happen as it would potentially raise the number of athlete quotas. Or maybe give only two quotas for the nations that qualified for the team event, and then give them the opportunity to win a 3rd individual quota. 

14 minutes ago, Vektor said:

What I would prefer is to have separate qualification for the individual and team events, meaning that no one would qualify for the individual event just because they are a member of a qualified team. But that would never happen as it would potentially raise the number of athlete quotas. 

I don't think that it would be good idea. But as I said it many times before, I HATE IOC of that because they have adding multiple events, new sports and so on, but number of athletes remain unchanged or even is lowered in few sports, just like now in wrestling where two places per continental quota and in world qualifier is laughable and no B standards in athletics.... If they are adding new events, also number of athletes should raised respectvily to number of events.