website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

This one with the UZB/KAZ meetings was sarcastic :p

I meant that the Olympics will suffer more and more in the next editions thanks the limiting quotas redistribution by agenda 2020. We all know the same nations will always qualify with full teams and grab all quotas, so better to reduce their chances only to achieved standards and redistribute all ranking quotas (that ranking is completely unfair if you ask me, it is not about how good athlete is but how good manager the athlete has and can place him/her to a better rewarded meeting) to small nations, because Olympics are not only for USA and Co.

Yeah, I still can't believe they changed A/B standards to a system where nations can basically combine both A ("direct") and B ("rankings") standards to maximize their participation. Hurray for the big boys, I guess.

#banbestmen

Is it safe to say :GRE Christos Frantzeskakis will make it in the men's hammer throw?

He's currently 32 in Road to Tokyo but will be 33 when they update it now that Lomnicky achieved the standard. However there are three ANA athletes above Frantzeskakis, surely they won't all be allowed to compete, right? Can anyone confirm this info? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Is it safe to say :GRE Christos Frantzeskakis will make it in the men's hammer throw?

He's currently 32 in Road to Tokyo but will be 33 when they update it now that Lomnicky achieved the standard. However there are three ANA athletes above Frantzeskakis, surely they won't all be allowed to compete, right? Can anyone confirm this info? Thanks.

Russia has in total 10 places. I guess they will not give 3 of them to the same discipline. But this weekend there are many national championship where you can take 100 placing points, so I would wait for the final ranking. 

9 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

:POL Angelika Cichocka (W 800 or 1500m) wrote on Facebook that she is not going to Tokyo.

Another loss for Polish athletics in the last days....

She has just joined Adam Kszczot, Sofia Ennaoui, Karolina Kołeczek, Krystian Zalewski...

Well last three is injured, while Kszczot and Cichocka wasnt in top3 in both National Championships and ranking, so, no really loss here.

28 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I see in the Road To Tokyo rankings in lists :ANT athlete with universality quota in women's heptathlon but for some reason it is not impacting on the total quotas of 24 :mumble:

Universality places are not awarded in Combined events, 10,000 m or Steeplechase. Also if you click on the athletes name you will see she has never done a hepthatlon. The place was probably awarded for 100m.