website statistics

Men's Football UEFA Under 21 European Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

Lindhout is a very poor ref, we all know that in the Netherlands. But yeah, the refereeing was crucial in this one, although I do think Italy and France were on par. Here to hope Italy will get far even with these decisions.

I'm not sure if the ball was clearly 100% over the line, it seemed pretty close to me. However, providing it wasn't a goal, it should have been a penalty and a red for a hand ball.

I think it's very clearly in, though I agree there were equally atrocious decisions throughout the match, and all of them in the same direction.

gol-fantasma-francia-italia-1280x701.jpeg

The referee is awful (at best), but the main thing is Uefa willingly decided to go back to a time when referees had much more room to determine the outcome of a match.

Edited by Matteo92

On 6/25/2023 at 1:04 AM, owenp_23 said:

:CRO and :ROU have been eliminated with losses again today.

The dream stays alive for :GEO as they draw with :BEL and are still in the top spot in Group A.

Yes. They won whole group. And there is other chance for :CZE to qualify to olympics. The same lucky draw as in basketball.

If we beat or draw to Izrael and Georgia, we will be in semifinal. If France will qualify to semifinal too, we will qualify to olympics. Yes, the same big chance for Izrael and Georgia :-D

The Netherlands really managed to draw 0-0, 1-1 and 1-1 in a completely winnable group. So many missed chances, we're really lacking some clinical attacking talent (including in the senior team).

10 hours ago, Jinzha said:

The Netherlands really managed to draw 0-0, 1-1 and 1-1 in a completely winnable group. So many missed chances, we're really lacking some clinical attacking talent (including in the senior team).

Erwin van der Looi misses some attacking talent himself. But really, they should have won all three. At least happy that Spain has come on top in Group B, but still a hard match against probably Italy to go. It also didn't impress me all that much against Croatia and Ukraine.

Kinda hope :GEO will qualify for the Olympics, seems like basically the only chance for Kvaratskhelia to qualify for a major tournament (although the 24 Euro spots nowadays.. you'll never know). However, :CZE are really holding their own against better quality teams, so I think they are the favourites if they beat Israel. They wouldn't really be interesting at the Olympics I fear, although it would be justified.

Israel sneaked in the next round. I knew they would do it. They have a new generation with incredible mental strength combined with skills.

5 players from the U20 here + Gloukh who skipped the WC last month but is also U20.