website statistics

Sailing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Well, it's the only class where one nation can apparently take six straight golds so...

That was in part due to the removal of the two man Star class which was where Finn Class sailors used to move onto. Instead the best sailors were forced to stay in the Finn class.

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

What a choke from Skrzypulec and Ogar in last two races. I'm now in nervous if they will able to keep 3rd place, but Im not optimist...

They are nine pts ahead of :SLO so they can finish two boats behind them in the medal race (8 pts difference)?

Really surprised to see Germany winning 3 medals, more than at the previous 4 olympics combined. I fear that this means that they will get more funding.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Improvement from :GRE Mantis/Kagialis but not enough. They're now 6th with just the medal race to go. I was hoping they'd be able to win another medal after bronze in 2016 but I guess not. Too bad :cry:

Looks like their bronze from 2016 will be the only Greek sailing medal from the last three Olympics combined. Pretty disappointing but I'm still somewhat optimistic about the future of Greek sailing.

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

So, what's the reason to remove Finn class from Olympics? Let me guess, they have to have mixed gender sailing class? :lol:

They will combine the 470s into one mixed event and also add two shitty kiteboard events. Awful.

Our Finn sailor now has no idea what to do with his career (and his sponsors, etc). I guess we'll see him try the 470 or the 49er with some partner.

9 minutes ago, LDOG said:

They will combine the 470s into one mixed event and also add two shitty kiteboard events. Awful.

Our Finn sailor now has no idea what to do with his career (and his sponsors, etc). I guess we'll see him try the 470 or the 49er with some partner.

It was the same with Robert Scheidt that was forced to return to Laser class in 2016 after the end of Star in 2012.

Now he says he will definitely change classes again, just don't know if it will be an Olympic one.