website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

On 6/10/2016 at 20:08, kapil857 said:

Guys, chill !!!

Paes/Bopanna will go and Sania/Bopanna will go. The current storm created by Bopanna is just to ensure he gets Sania in mixed. He wants an assurance that Paes cant later re-open the XD debate after Wimbledon.

The MD entry has to be submitted within the next few days whereas the XD entry can be changed uptil about Aug 9. So, Bopanna doesnt want a situation where he agrees to play with Paes now and once MD entry is confirmed and he cant do anyhting, Paes turns around and starts shouting that he should be going in XD as well.

In effect, Bopanna is doing pretty much exactly what Leander did in 2012. In London, Paes used his top-10 ranking to essentially say - OK, I'll play with Vishnu and let Bopanna/Bhupathi play together provided Sania is mine. Rohan is now doing the same thing - using his top-10 ranking to say that I'll play with Paes provided Sania is mine.

Is is sad?? Of course...but the floodgates were opened in 2012 and they aren't closing now. All 3 players - Paes, Bhupathi, Bopanna - have all, in both London and Rio, just taken a stance which benefits THEM the most, given the power they held based on rankings. Nobody here is a saint !!!

And have to say, am sad to see the vitriol directed towards Bopanna on this forum by some commenters. Yes, he is not Paes. Yes, he is not an 18-time grand slam champion. But he is a good player, top-10 in the world at the moment, grand slam and year-end championships finalist. He deserves our respect. Just because a Sachin Tendulkar exists, doesn't mean a Ravindra Jadeja doesn't deserve respect.

Good analysis which came true :yes.......giving you a well deserved reputation for this post 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

8 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

It's great to see India win against GB...Since GB is in full team strength and to have played 2 matches so well shows a good sign...

Nice to see India at the top of the table with all the best teams playing in the competition

Great Britain team played better than India... But goal scoring matters... Some where we are still not good with our midfield game.. Our defence need to scoop for passes to forward... Defence is really good