website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

3 hours ago, Smit said:

No team can go without AITA's agreement. So Bopanna can't go without Paes :p

Which makes things interesting as Leander and Sania's  ranking together is now better than any other Asian pairing

6 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Mixed doubles should be Sania/Bopana  and Men's doubles Rohan /Paes  if tennis federation forces for both Paes team again we may not get anything...

problem is that Paes is not a bad person but last time also it was the pro-paes behavior of federation that is creating problems. 

Here nobody saying other is bad....Nobody here is favoring Paes nor Mahesh group, problem is groups in the tennis...1 group against Single person...All have valid reasons. But this time I strongly feel Rohan /Paes should be doubles and Mixed should be Rohan/ Sania...

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

10 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Here nobody saying other is bad....Nobody here is favoring Paes nor Mahesh group, problem is groups in the tennis...1 group against Single person...All have valid reasons. But this time I strongly feel Rohan /Paes should be doubles and Mixed should be Rohan/ Sania...

I too saying same, Till 2012 london Olympics, Paes was my favorite player than Rohan & Mahesh. But whatever Paes did that time, taking advantage of pro-paes stand of federation, was totally against the spirit of the game as well as humanity. Rohan/Paes is good but can they play together?  

I have not been able to make sense of the no-trial policy. Surely a trial helps decide who among the two wrestlers is better and helps us send the best representative to the Olympics. Why is it such a bad thing that the wrestling federation does not want to consider it? Is it very damaging physically? Surely mental toughness should increase post a trial as then the wrestler should be more confident.

Can anyone help me understand? :wacko:

59 minutes ago, Suneet said:

I have not been able to make sense of the no-trial policy. Surely a trial helps decide who among the two wrestlers is better and helps us send the best representative to the Olympics. Why is it such a bad thing that the wrestling federation does not want to consider it? Is it very damaging physically? Surely mental toughness should increase post a trial as then the wrestler should be more confident.

short answer - WFI sucks...

long answer - Sushil punished for missing pro wrestling league

56 minutes ago, Suneet said:

We go to office everyday, sometimes we are not so well, running a little temperature etc, still we manage to work as much as possible, suppose Narsingh is having a bad day for health/any other reasons and he looses, does that prove Sushil is better, all these years Sushil did nothing after the London Olympics, Narsingh is constantly performing, is there no value for that, Sachin scoring a duck, what did that prove???

What about the wrestlers in the other 7 weight categories, don't they deserve a trial, by that logic? Why are selectors needed then, just to identify who will perform against whom in trial?

1 hour ago, Suneet said:

1) Take the case of archery where all selections are done with trials. Some time back, Deepika missed a lot of time on international circuit as she failed in trials. Her replacements didnt do well and India was able to qualify for Rio only after Deepika came back. 

2) In Shooting, almost all the top shooters have repeatedly underscored that there is a big difference in scoring high in trials and shooting in big competitions. Hence, while selecting team, only trial scores should not be considered. 

3) Fear of outrage. Imagine the media/fan outrage if there are trials and some relatively unknown wrestler defeats Yogeshwar Dutt in that trial. 

Having said this, I personally believe, that as our bench strength improves, we should move towards trials. But, the rule should be clear before qualification process starts.