website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

So Vikas has taken a token pro fight on Jun 11 to become eligible for the pro qualifier in July !!! I wonder if other Indian boxers will also try to do something similar - because they should, they really should !!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/boxing/AIBA-Pro-Boxing-comes-to-India-Vikas-to-fight-in-Delhi/articleshow/52602920.cms

Meanwhile, as expected, Vijender has now expressed interest in Rio. Dont think he'll be able to make it past Vikas though...

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/sport/vijender-planning-to-participate-in-olympics-qualifiers-for-pros/247089.html

So today Rohan & Sania will give us 4 more quota's. It will be 96 now. Slowly moving towards 100 mark. We may cross 110 mark. Golf (3) swimming (2) is almost sure. Boxing, men archery and athletics will help in crosing 110 mark.

Edited by Vivek

All our emotions run with Leander for the legend that he has been. Let us realize that now we have 2 players(Sania & Bopanna) who has given us 4 entries for Rio. Obviously Sania will go with Rohan in the mixed doubles, since their combined ranking is high and eligible firstly, and secondly with a stronger back-hand and Service, Rohan complements Sania better than Lee. Rohan gets to pick his partner in Men's doubles, which is fair based on his ranking, Leander has not been doing too well in Men's doubles since last year, maybe lost a little bit of power, definitely the touch is still there.

I think it is just, to accept whoever Rohan picks as his Men's doubles partner, most probably it will be Lee, if not him probably Saketh, anyway I don't see much hope for a medal in Men's doubles with either.

41 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

He should but possible of Saketh also...He has also improved and they are the partners in Davis Cup.

Dude are you seriously suggesting saketh is better than Leander? I hope not