website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

4 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Most probably that's why the pro box date is pushed back...

Guys, really with the form Vijender is showing, he will be a real deal if he can go to Rio. Do let us know if you get any information on whether there is any possibility for him. I think this should be a bigger question than Narsingh/Sushil :)

Just now, Sanjib said:

Guys, really with the form Vijender is showing, he will be a real deal if he can go to Rio. Do let us know if you get any information on whether there is any possibility for him. I think this should be a bigger question than Narsingh/Sushil :)

I disagree. Narsingh won the bronze at the World Championships and Sushil with his experience and confidence for me is a gold medal candidate. I think whoever goes is a sureshot medalist. On the other hand, with AIBA ruling the roost in boxing, a knockout in each round is required to guarantee a medal :wall:

Still I think Vijender is also a sureshot medal contender. He is in super form @Suneet

But we can never be so sure about boxing with lack of federation back home and lack of voice in the tournaments. We have only 1 boxer qualified so far and it is impossible after seeing growth of Indian boxer in recent past. Boxing is not a fair game:facepalm:

Edited by Smit

8 minutes ago, Smit said:

Still I think Vijender is also a sureshot medal contender. He is in super form @Suneet

But we can never be so sure about boxing with lack of federation back home and lack of voice in the tournaments. We have only 1 boxer qualified so far and it is impossible after seeing growth of Indian boxer in recent past. Boxing is not a fair game:facepalm:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/boxing/Indian-boxing-going-through-its-toughest-time-Mary-Kom/articleshow/52278851.cms

A relevant article where our concerns are also voiced by Mary.

Sushil Kumar has moved the Delhi high court requesting for a trial. Stupid feet dragging WFI couldn't take a decision fearing a court case and not exactly that has happened. Why didnt WFI decide one way or the other earlier?

Can we get two quota in judo? Pakistani media is claming that they have got two wildcards in shooting? Is it possible, i think except swimming and athletics, IOC didn't allow two wild cards for a nation.