website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

On 11/19/2023 at 2:50 AM, thepharoah said:

Well I tried my best to ignore the amount of BS that some of you post here, and I’ll keep doing it since it’s not worth my time and effort, only writing this because this is a video from earlier this year during the anti Netanyahu assemblies and the guy was arrested and sentenced to jail time, so how Ben gvir is related? And  posting shit load of BS does not make you smarter by any means 

Milei is going to be the last nail in Argentina's coffin. Talk about getting out of a bad situation choosing the absolute worst possible option.

It pains me to even imagine what Argentina will become in the next few years, but it will be a lot more painful to actually watch it happen before my eyes. May God help them, even though God is not responsible for their bad choices.

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Milei is going to be the last nail in Argentina's coffin. Talk about getting out of a bad situation choosing the absolute worst possible option.

It pains me to even imagine what Argentina will become in the next few years, but it will be a lot more painful to actually watch it happen before my eyes. May God help them, even though God is not responsible for their bad choices.

God told Milei to get into politics (according to Milei's own account), so obviously you are wrong.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Miss Curaçao used this weekend’s Miss Universe Pageant to make a political statement about her territory’s lack of representation at the Olympics.

:FRO:CUW definitely trying to keep pressure on the IOC when it comes to Olympics representation.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Miss Curaçao used this weekend’s Miss Universe Pageant to make a political statement about her territory’s lack of representation at the Olympics.

:FRO:CUW definitely trying to keep pressure on the IOC when it comes to Olympics representation.

They can do that after Churandy Martina and Liemarvin Bonevacia retired please :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Latest polls for tomorrow's Dutch elections, probably the last ones before the actual elections (this one is a combination of the two main 'poll providers'). Geert Wilders (that blonde right-wing guy) getting dangerously close to the top. Meanwhile the FvD leader (conspiracy nut and right wing nationalist Thierry Baudet) got a whack on the head with a beer bottle yesterday, after being hit with an umbrella earlier this month. Attacks on any politician are bad, obviously, but hopefully this doesn't lead to extra sympathy votes or something :p 

Meanwhile I still haven't been able to make my choice. I wrote down the entire list of 27 parties and am now in the process of eliminating them one by one for various reasons (one wants to stop supporting Ukraine, so bye, another is the strictly religious party, so bye, another is Turkey's party, so bye, conspiracy nuts, bye, etc), hopefully I can get it down to 4-5 or so and make my choice a bit easier...

yMDRg1P.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Too much risk involved if this opens the door for let's say autonomous Russian republics to be allowed in the same manner. No need to touch those colonial era relicts to create more problems. If Greenland is fine showing up under Denmark's flag then Faroe Islands don't have much choice either.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile I still haven't been able to make my choice. I wrote down the entire list of 27 parties and am now in the process of eliminating them one by one for various reasons (one wants to stop supporting Ukraine, so bye, another is the strictly religious party, so bye, another is Turkey's party, so bye, conspiracy nuts, bye, etc), hopefully I can get it down to 4-5 or so and make my choice a bit easier...

Well, you can sign a big X on Volt :p

On a more serious note, the Dutch electoral and political system is the most democratic and representative in the entire European Union. Many other countries should take inspiration... While in Italy we are making a big U-turn, effectively proposing a maxi-majority with the direct election of the prime minister, something that only existed in Israel.