website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

They will be hard days in Iraq-Turkey-Syria.

And Iran. there are 3-4 Kurdish provinces in Iran. even though based on my own experiences the majority of Kurds in Iran consider themselves Iranian in first place. but obviously something like this will cause problems here as well.

This referendum is one thing, being a real independent country is something else, specially when all of your neighbors are against you ! still a long way to go to have a Kurdistan country. I wish the best for them, but I'm not sure what's really the "best" for them but I don't think life will get easier for Iraqi Kurdistan people after this.

I just hope it doesn't lead to any kind of war in the region. :pope:

I wonder why basically everyone is against an independent Kurdistan. I mean, if Turkey, Iran, Iraq, USA all basically agree on something, this something truly must be the worst idea ever, surely? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder why basically everyone is against an independent Kurdistan. I mean, if Turkey, Iran, Iraq, USA all basically agree on something, this something truly must be the worst idea ever, surely? :p 

well they have different reasons for that, USA doesn't want another war inside the war against ISIS. Iraq doesn't want to lose parts of the country. but for Iran and Turkey this is mostly for security concerns. One day the Iraqi Kurdistan will go after the Kurdish parts of Iran and Turkey and you know in this region, when people want something, they usually don't ask that "nicely". it won't be like Scotland and Catalonia,

at least that's what they are afraid of, but who knows maybe it doesn't change anything. for example an independent Turkmenistan or Azerbaijan didn't cause any serious problem.

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

because you accept to see this part called Holland taking the independence from the Netherlands ?

3 hours ago, bestmen said:

because you accept to see this part called Holland taking the independence from the Netherlands ?

I would not give a damn about that. Bye typical Amsterdam arrogance :d :bye:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Hey, i live in amsterdam and its actually quite great! :d

Love the city, love the people, hate the tourists xD

:lol:

Outside Amsterdam it's known as the capital of hipsters and arrogance, I'm not a fan and would gladly vote for independence :d