website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

hace 9 minutos, heywoodu said:

Me? His opinion (literally): make the Quran and preferably the entire Islam illegal and close every mosque and Islamic school, that's not even close to my opinion :d 

Well, I, of course, haven't seen you lay out all of your political ideology here, but from what I got out of your opinions whenever there is a terrorist attack you seem to be at the very least "skeptic" about the integration of muslims into european society.

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wilders is dropping down the rankings rather fast the past days :p 

That's good news but as far as i know he already has been on a decline once during this campaign so I am not yet celebrating ;)

I don't want to brag bout politics much, but TBH I just don't understand and I am  irritated about some people who claim - at least that was what I saw on Reddit - that "They will vote far-right this year to get rid of Muslim Scum" and then vote liberal in the next election. Regardles of how disgusting (for me) that sounds i can't believe someone is considering support for aparty who in many instance already claim that democracy is an outdated system and then expect for them to just get out easily when they lose.

I just have a feeling that IF people like for example Le Pen win, it won't even be a month until we hear about "massive protests in France after the government announced the plan to seriously change the constitution", and I can tell from "experience" that it's most probably gonna be this way because that is exactly what happened after the win of Populism in Poland, Hungary or Turkey 

Plus, it's no doubt that ISIS or other jihadist group would be really happy about that, as they already announced Trump's Travel Ban an huge win

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Well, I, of course, haven't seen you lay out all of your political ideology here, but from what I got out of your opinions whenever there is a terrorist attack you seem to be at the very least "skeptic" about the integration of muslims into european society.

Well, there is no denying that there are problems and whenever there is a major terrorist attack, it's also not very hard to guess the background unfortunately. I'm definitely not on the side of Wilders though, who is (in my opinion) way too extreme, but I'm also not on the side of what are considered the left parties here, some of whom simply seem to say there is no problem at all. 

There are definitely problems with integration...obviously not for all, not even close, but the problems exist and should somehow be solved. Wilders' plans of banning everything related to Islam doesn't exactly seem like a good solution though (if anything, it would cause only more problems with people getting angry and subsequently getting violent). 

I honestly have no idea on which party I'm gonna vote yet, but I do know 3-4 parties that will most certainly not get my vote. One of them is Wilders' party, another one is a party which is basically full of Erdogan-lovers (not meant as an insulting way to say 'Turkish', but meant to mean people who actually support Erdogan's ideas) and yet another one wants to pretty much throw away all of Dutch culture. Well, ok, the very strongly Christian party won't get my vote neither because I want politics and religion to be separate and they don't :p My guess for now is that I'm gonna go somewhere down the middle. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

That's good news but as far as i know he already has been on a decline once during this campaign so I am not yet celebrating ;)

I don't want to brag bout politics much, but TBH I just don't understand and I am  irritated about some people who claim - at least that was what I saw on Reddit - that "They will vote far-right this year to get rid of Muslim Scum" and then vote liberal in the next election. Regardles of how disgusting (for me) that sounds i can't believe someone is considering support for aparty who in many instance already claim that democracy is an outdated system and then expect for them to just get out easily when they lose.

I just have a feeling that IF people like for example Le Pen win, it won't even be a month until we hear about "massive protests in France after the government announced the plan to seriously change the constitution", and I can tell from "experience" that it's most probably gonna be this way because that is exactly what happened after the win of Populism in Poland, Hungary or Turkey 

Plus, it's no doubt that ISIS or other jihadist group would be really happy about that, as they already announced Trump's Travel Ban an huge win

Despite all this, my biggest problem/annoyance in recent weeks and months has been with people who are on the Democrat side in the US and after the elections went on saying that it's all so unfair, and Clinton got the most votes and should have won and bla bla....they should have complained about that before the election (but Clinton was ahead in the polls, so you didn't hear them then). Or even worse, the "he is not my president!"-yellers....Trump is an asshat, but he became president after a democratic election according to the rules and so is the rightful winner and the president of every American citizen..

Anyway, Wilders' decline seems a bit more serious than last time and it's already happened quite often that he got really big in polls but then somewhat disappointed in actual elections :p 

And there's still the whole thing of 'what if Wilders wins', because he'll have to form a coalition with other parties and no party wants to do so basically...I believe that caused him to not be in the government eventually last time (or before that, I'm not sure). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Despite all this, my biggest problem/annoyance in recent weeks and months has been with people who are on the Democrat side in the US and after the elections went on saying that it's all so unfair, and Clinton got the most votes and should have won and bla bla....they should have complained about that before the election (but Clinton was ahead in the polls, so you didn't hear them then). Or even worse, the "he is not my president!"-yellers....Trump is an asshat, but he became president after a democratic election according to the rules and so is the rightful winner and the president of every American citizen..

Anyway, Wilders' decline seems a bit more serious than last time and it's already happened quite often that he got really big in polls but then somewhat disappointed in actual elections :p 

And there's still the whole thing of 'what if Wilders wins', because he'll have to form a coalition with other parties and no party wants to do so basically...I believe that caused him to not be in the government eventually last time (or before that, I'm not sure). 

Haha, yeah I personally know ( via Facebook) some American person who constantly posts that he didn't even care to vote after Sanders and at the sime time is all angry and can't believe Trump won :d It's like"Dude if you can't stand a politician SO MUCH, then go out and vote for the only alternative"

Well, my dislike for far-right parties does not come in any way because I'm a "leftist" (although I would classify myself as center-left) but from my family's history.  I hope they won't get in power because, even if I am all in for at least limiting middle eastern immigration to only the truly skilled people I also can see when someone "doesn't get it" the other way. I mean, like it or not many Muslim families have already been in Europe since a few generations, feel this is basically their home now (an ultra-extereme example is that Iranian-German kid who shot mostly Turks and Albanians in Munich last year because he thought he is a better Aryan than them) and again like it or not 99% sure are gonna stay here so we should at least not push them into Isis' hands by supporting the Jihadist ideas that the western world hates Muslim, but sends Christian soldiers to Islamic Countries. It's enough that George W. Bush claimed to have attacked Iraq because "God told him to do so" :(

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

57 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Or all the riots that came from the Trump protesters that think they have the right to destroy shops and other public property and cause chaos. Ironically, the same people that talked how Trump supporters were uncivilized and wouldn't accept the election results and the american democracy..

4 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Well, Mocking Trump is great and fun until you realize some european countries are either on the best way to elect clowns ( le pen currently at 44% chances of winning France's election,

Le Pen is not winning. She will be on top in the first vote, because of the fragmentation, but on the second when there are only 2 candidates, they will combine against her and she will lose easily. Like what happened in Austria. Fillon is the next interesting one, because he has a soft possition against Russia and is more Trump-esq in that regard. The ideal candidate for the status quo and the current EU possition is Macron and i'm sure in Brussels they are praying to be him. :d

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Quite a lot of democrats were for changing the constitution, leaving the idea of the electoral college before the election as well.

18 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Or all the riots that came from the Trump protesters that think they have the right to destroy shops and other public property and cause chaos. Ironically, the same people that talked how Trump supporters were uncivilized and wouldn't accept the election results and the american democracy..

I doubt they are the same.

I would guess that a lot of the more violent protesters are either Bernie or Bust people or non-voters in general.

Surely some people voting for Clinton (who were the main people behind those statements) have been doing so as well, but I doubt they are many.

i read here what i read in my own country with my people i i will say what i say to them: the leftism "political correction" make stronger the Trumps, the Le-Pens etc etc, the multiculturalism with people who dont respect nothing of the country they are living and try to impose the local most another form to live with the leftism "toleration" colaboration.

The attack with all kind of adjectives to people who dont think the same to you: "racist, islamofobic, homofobic" etc etc make this polititians populist like Trump and far rigth candidates to have enough people to suport them, ironicaly most of the leftist dont understand this and think "the people is mad now" and show all their intolerance with dont recognize the results of the elections.

In a few words: the intolerance of the "tolerance" makes this, enjoy the results of the  dictadure of the political correction.

Edited by konig