website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

The long week of European elections has begun, with some countries already opening early voting (Sweden, Finland, Lithuania, and Estonia, which allows online voting). Already 2M voters have cast their ballots (0.57%). The first country to officially open the polls will be the Netherlands on Thursday.

It will be very interesting to see who the new President of the European Commission will be. In my opinion, Von der Leyen has no chance of being re-elected.

Edited by Gianlu33

On 6/5/2024 at 1:56 AM, Gianlu33 said:

The first country to officially open the polls will be the Netherlands on Thursday.

Less than one hour to go until the polls close here. I did my democratic duty, although it was a tough choice simply because European elections really feel like a 'far away show'. Of the many dozens of people on the list, I know the name of literally only one person and that's because coincidentally I saw him in a debate last night (but didn't watch, because it was just...boring :p).

I was looking forward to a nice evening of results watching, but then found out the rest basically just votes on Sunday, so that was disappointing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, yaky22 said:

the israeli military just got 4 hostages out in an operation in gaza best news i have had all month 

I hope at least one being argentinians.